• Apr 27th, 2012 9:33 am
Tags:
None
Dec 6, 2003
290 posts
96 upvotes
Alberta

looking to buy my husband a 70 inch tv

but am clueless to what I am looking for, I have about aq $2500 budget, is that enough to get a decent one? I have no clue as to what is better plasma lcd ?
Thanks
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
CantMissADeal wrote: :cheesygri Can I be your husband?

Lucky man :D

LMAO...+1

$2500 is really tight for a TV that size, to be honest. There's a Sharp you can get for $2499 but that is before tax, so when all is said and done, closer to $3K. Plasmas - personally I would forget about them because the cost goes up significantly once you get past 60". Might want to consider a slightly smaller TV, otherwise the Sharp may in fact be the only model in that price range (the selection of 70" TVs is not that big to begin with).
Dec 6, 2003
290 posts
96 upvotes
Alberta
he deverse it but the 70 inch is a compromise from the 80 inch lol, ;)
I could go to $3K with taxes is the sharp an ok tv? I think that is the one I was looking at at costco.
Apr 14, 2012
37 posts
3 upvotes
OTTAWA
Jareds_Mommy wrote: he deverse it but the 70 inch is a compromise from the 80 inch lol, ;)
I could go to $3K with taxes is the sharp an ok tv? I think that is the one I was looking at at costco.

IMHO, sharp and samsung has better color display than anyone else, so it would be your ok tv

PS:I'm more interested in how you get a compromise from a man on electronics
Dec 6, 2003
290 posts
96 upvotes
Alberta
VonnSh wrote: IMHO, sharp and samsung has better color display than anyone else, so it would be your ok tv

PS:I'm more interested in how you get a compromise from a man on electronics
;)
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Not to belittle your gesture, but just want to make sure he's the type of guy who's not OCD about his electronics. I can't bear to let anyone buy me anything electronic because i want to research and pick out the particular one that has the features that i want.

For example if my wife offered me $3k to buy a TV i might decide that a higher end 60" plus some fun accessories would be much preferable to the cheapest 70".

But that's just me.