• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2009 9:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 29, 2005
672 posts

Looking to buy Resistance bands/cables & Door-way pull up bar

Actually there may be a couple more things as well but the aforementioned are the main ones. I want to incorporate them into a home calisthenics workout.

Is it better to go to a targeted store like Fitness Depot or will a Walmart type store do for "equipment" like these?

Things I'm thinking of:
-Resistance bands/cables (Are these good by the way?)
-Door-way pull up bar (Are these secure and doorway damage free?)
-Jump rope
-Exercise mat
2 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11873 posts
70 upvotes
fabz wrote:
Jun 8th, 2009 3:18 am
Actually there may be a couple more things as well but the aforementioned are the main ones. I want to incorporate them into a home calisthenics workout.

Is it better to go to a targeted store like Fitness Depot or will a Walmart type store do for "equipment" like these?

Things I'm thinking of:
-Resistance bands/cables (Are these good by the way?)
-Door-way pull up bar (Are these secure and doorway damage free?)
-Jump rope
-Exercise mat
I've been doing something similar since Feb. I think my body is getting toned after a few months 3-4 times a week of doing these along with standard core workouts. I use Wii Fit as a way to track my progress a few times a week :) . If you're looking to build muscle mass, these likely won't be enough. You'll need weights and protein supplemented diet for that.
The doorway/pull-up bar can damage your door if the trim is weak even if it's placed properly. My buddy's frame cracked and he's not that heavy (~165 lbs).
The walmart ones are good enough until you've graduated to higher resistance bands that Walmart doesn't provide.
From a "Family" reviewer: "We Cheer teaches coordination, enticement to lust, women being used as sex objects, and team work."

From Worthy Playing: "We Cheer is, then, for all intents and purposes, the F-Zero GX of music games. It asks for so much, yet forgives so little. It is actually so casual that it's hardcore."
[OP]
Aug 29, 2005
672 posts
sfu_lifer wrote:
Jun 8th, 2009 5:08 am
I've been doing something similar since Feb. I think my body is getting toned after a few months 3-4 times a week of doing these along with standard core workouts. I use Wii Fit as a way to track my progress a few times a week :) . If you're looking to build muscle mass, these likely won't be enough. You'll need weights and protein supplemented diet for that.
The doorway/pull-up bar can damage your door if the trim is weak even if it's placed properly. My buddy's frame cracked and he's not that heavy (~165 lbs).
The walmart ones are good enough until you've graduated to higher resistance bands that Walmart doesn't provide.
Hmm. Thanks for the feedback.