Tags:
None
Jul 3, 2011
128 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto

Looking for Camera system installer in GTA

Can anyone recommend someone good?

I define good as well-priced, extremely knowledgeable and provides good service.

I'm looking for a decent 8 camera NVR system in a home. Wiring is already installed. Would be great if they can provide a solution to integrate with doorbells and in-home intercom system.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6145 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
What do you mean wiring is already installed? Is all you have to do is screw in a camera and attach the network cable?

To be honest, I'd just buy a system from Costco and do it myself. There's little to no configuration on these systems anyway.

How do you want to integrate into your door bell and intercom?
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Jul 3, 2011
128 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Tabooger wrote: What do you mean wiring is already installed? Is all you have to do is screw in a camera and attach the network cable?

To be honest, I'd just buy a system from Costco and do it myself. There's little to no configuration on these systems anyway.

How do you want to integrate into your door bell and intercom?
The wiring was installed during construction. There is a fair bit of work to physically install and mount in the brick. I don't trust myself to do that. I imagine there is some calibrating as well to make sure they're doing what they're supposed to.

My ideal scenario would be an intercom system mounted in several places throughout the house. They will act as a regular intercoms so they can be used to communicate within the house and also have a screen that will show the front door when somebody rings the bell. I know in this day and age of everything being on a phone it sounds kind of archaic but when you have a busy home with small children it makes a lot of sense. However, I definitely still want something that has an app to access the whole system. I've done a bunch of research and Aiphone and Comelit have parts of these systems but not everything. They're also very expensive.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4478 posts
478 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
For front door intercoms we are doing Ring Pros now. I put one on my house a month ago and have been relatively satisfied with it that I would put it on a clients house.. However your upstream internet connection does need some bandwidth for 'realtime' recording of events.

Ring is a closed system, so it does not really tie into anything else at this time, hopefully they will open up an RTSP stream so we can add it to a local NVR, but that would cut into their revenue.

Anyways, systems we use for cameras are from FLIR. NOT Lorex. Yes same parent company, however very different quality hardware.
Audio - Video - Data - Security - This is what I do
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4549 posts
2623 upvotes
BuildingHomes wrote: For front door intercoms we are doing Ring Pros now. I put one on my house a month ago and have been relatively satisfied with it that I would put it on a clients house.. However your upstream internet connection does need some bandwidth for 'realtime' recording of events.

Ring is a closed system, so it does not really tie into anything else at this time, hopefully they will open up an RTSP stream so we can add it to a local NVR, but that would cut into their revenue.

Anyways, systems we use for cameras are from FLIR. NOT Lorex. Yes same parent company, however very different quality hardware.
Where can you buy a FLIR system, I am looking at putting in a 3 or 4 camera system, preferably not wired if possible. My basement is unfinished but I'm not sure how to run the wires up through the main floor exterior walls for this.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4478 posts
478 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
boonjaca wrote: Where can you buy a FLIR system, I am looking at putting in a 3 or 4 camera system, preferably not wired if possible. My basement is unfinished but I'm not sure how to run the wires up through the main floor exterior walls for this.
We supply and install as professional installers. I am not sure if they are available retail anywhere.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4549 posts
2623 upvotes
BuildingHomes wrote: We supply and install as professional installers. I am not sure if they are available retail anywhere.
Do you have a rough estimate how much it is to install one of these systems in the house? I am looking at 3-4 cameras running mounted to exterior walls, I can PM you if it's better.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
Have a look at Hikvision cameras. Its what I have on my home and they are high quality cameras.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4478 posts
478 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
There's lots than can be done and a million variables. I will PM you as you requested.