Automotive

Looking for certain detailing products...

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2014 9:46 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--

Looking for certain detailing products...

Well I ordered a few things off eshine (wheel and rim cleaner, glass polish, new interior brush and a 1 gallon jug of waterless wash).

In my haste I completely forgot to order swirl removing polish... I have 2 kinds of wax already (CG 50/50 + blackfire midnight sun (I think that's the one).

Mainly all I need now is the swirl remover as I have a light finishing polish for after the heavy cutting polish with the orange pad on my 7424xp.

Also, will the wheel and rim cleaner remove rail dust on the body of a vehicle? If it's not recommended I'm gonna get a bottle of ironx from wisdomdetail....
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
I'm a little confused. Do you already have the polish for the orange pad?

If I understand correctly you have your heavy and light pad, your finishing polish and now you need your heavy polish?

I wouldn't recommend the tire cleaner on your paint. Get ironx.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
neverhaveiever wrote: I'm a little confused. Do you already have the polish for the orange pad?

If I understand correctly you have your heavy and light pad, your finishing polish and now you need your heavy polish?

I wouldn't recommend the tire cleaner on your paint. Get ironx.
About the rim cleaner that's what I thought. Which is why I'm getting ironx Friday.

I have an orange pad and a black pad.

All I really need is new polish as the other bottles of meguiars strangely dissapeared (along with a bunch of other detailing stuff I had)
Nov 9, 2009
58 posts
Markham
You probably need a white pad to do as a finish polish. Black pad have no cutting power.

And you should just get the ironx or tarx to use on paint.
Jul 10, 2014
3 posts
Brampton, ON
I've had great results with menzerna polishes and LC orange and green pads. I top it with coats of collinite 845 as it is a great wax!

I would recommend getting two pads because you cannot do an entire car with only one pad. You must clean your pad every 2 panels. The majority of product likes to collect in the centre of the pad and you won't have any polishing effect when that happens. It gets all stuck within the pores. Be sure to clean your pads!!