looking for the cheapest Pay as You Go Plan

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2017 11:03 pm
Apr 6, 2009
80 posts
18 upvotes
ontario canada

looking for the cheapest Pay as You Go Plan

I'm in search of the cheapest pay as you go, I just learned that Rogers has increased to 180/year from 120. That would bring the cost per month to $15. I'm finding Petro Canada offers for $15/month 25 min of calling per month and also unlimited texting.
So I'm thinking Petro is now a better deal than Rogers.
Anyone have another carrier with a better deal? I'm in Ontario.
I'm not looking for data, just some calling and texting.
Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38325 posts
11873 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
The Rogers $180 plan offers unlimited evenings and weekends and I am sure that works out to more than 25 minutes per month.

The theory is that you only need the phone on evenings and weekends. During the day, you're at work and there should be a phone.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2007
2371 posts
495 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi,

Only some talking & texting...Why are you willing to pay $180/year for only 25 min. of talk time/month. The same $180/year from Rogers gives you unlimited evenings & weekends. And with Rogers, you have U.S. roaming. So, how many talk minutes & how many outgoing text messages do you actually need every month?
Apr 6, 2009
80 posts
18 upvotes
ontario canada
need lots of texting and occasional (evening) calling, so yes this Rogers 180 might be the plan for me
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2007
2371 posts
495 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi,

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Cell_phone ... paid_plans
If you don't need U.S. roaming, you can consider Bell's $15.75/month prepaid plan. The plan also includes call forwarding, Message center express?, call display, call waiting & call conferencing. No bonus talk minutes until after the first 6 months but you get a $5/month discount for the first 8 months. Anytime talk time is only $.20/minute. Loyalty anytime talk minutes will be available to you, starting on the 7th. month.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38325 posts
11873 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
loves tweet wrote: need lots of texting and occasional (evening) calling, so yes this Rogers 180 might be the plan for me
I think the Rogers plan also includes 100 daytime minutes for the entire year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)