• Oct 27th, 2015 9:35 pm
Tags:
None
May 2, 2010
776 posts
701 upvotes
GTA

Looking for comfortable yet stylish boots

I hear a lot of good reviews about Redwing Heritage Iron Ranger, and Wolverine 1000 mile. I'm looking for boots that share their great design and build but is also comfortable. I tried on the Redwings and they weren't the most comfortable I found. I walk about 30-40 minutes per day so I need something that is comfortable but will last this winter. Any suggestions?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2541 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
Blundstones get my vote.
I wear them walking, 3-4 hours a day and they're super comfortable once they're broken in.
May 28, 2015
15 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
I bought a pair of the Red Wing Iron Rangers a few years ago and I can definitely tell you that they are the most comfortable pair of boots that I've owned and I wear them with custom orthotics. I easily wear them all day at work (office job) or on the weekend. The key is to slowly break them in over time. This will take about a month of wearing them a couple of hours a day here and there. After the break in period they are like butter on your feet and you won't even notice them. By the way, they look better now then when I bought them. Get them you won't regret it.
My 2 cents.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1165 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
MrsPotato wrote: Blundstones get my vote.
I wear them walking, 3-4 hours a day and they're super comfortable once they're broken in.
My only issue with Blundstones are they aren't very warm.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2541 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
bobbyz101 wrote: My only issue with Blundstones are they aren't very warm.

I have the insulated ones, that have lambs wool in theme
They're so warm I can wear no socks with them out in the snow. And I'm not kidding!

http://www.blundstone.ca/products/566-winter-in-black

I'm out in the snowy bush for hours, snow covering my feet and I've never had cold feet. Cold legs, and everything else but never my feet! I got a pair of Columbia boots last winter than had a fancy -bazillion temp grade and I ended up switching back to my bluntetones be they were truly warmer.
I'm a full time dog walker; outside. So I have a huge collection of winter gear!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)