• May 14th, 2012 8:43 am
Tags:
None
Oct 13, 2007
475 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto

Looking for comp/desk chair

I am looking for a good quality desk chair that will last me a long time, the one I have now has many rips and it's only been a few years I tried looking at staples but there are so many different ones so hoping you guys can help me find a good deal on one
4 replies
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
248 upvotes
Are you looking for the desk and/or the chair or just the chair?

For the desk, IKEA has some nice ones, you can get a really solid desk (called Fredrik I think) with metal frames for around $150-170 and they have a few cheaper ones but they're smaller in size. They have chairs too I guess but not the best place to buy unless you want a cheap ones. The fingal chair is $50:

[IMG]http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/images/produc ... 855_S4.JPG[/IMG]

They have quite a few other ones b/t $50-99. I bought one from there for $99 like 4 yrs ago, it's a bit bigger but it's that leatherish material and it's lasted without any problem.

Also if you have a liquidation world or XScargo type store then they have a bunch of chairs like that on discount but I can't comment on the quality.
Oct 13, 2007
475 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks I'll try looking at those places and I'm just looking for a chair atm
Dec 10, 2009
377 posts
39 upvotes
Hamilton
Nettles wrote: Are you looking for the desk and/or the chair or just the chair?

For the desk, IKEA has some nice ones, you can get a really solid desk (called Fredrik I think) with metal frames for around $150-170 and they have a few cheaper ones but they're smaller in size. They have chairs too I guess but not the best place to buy unless you want a cheap ones. The fingal chair is $50:

[IMG]http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/images/produc ... 855_S4.JPG[/IMG]

They have quite a few other ones b/t $50-99. I bought one from there for $99 like 4 yrs ago, it's a bit bigger but it's that leatherish material and it's lasted without any problem.

Also if you have a liquidation world or XScargo type store then they have a bunch of chairs like that on discount but I can't comment on the quality.

This chair looks like the one I have...stay away from it! Waste of money. The cushion on the seat flattens after a few months and it feels like you're sitting on wood after. Plus the back support is not that comfortable. They sell this chair at JYSK and the Brick as well (it's the one with the mesh back?)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)