Cell Phones

Looking for Dual SIM phone for Freedom & FIDO (3G/LTE)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2018 4:45 pm
[OP]
Oct 15, 2016
117 posts
31 upvotes

Looking for Dual SIM phone for Freedom & FIDO (3G/LTE)

Are there any dual SIM phones that work with FIDO & Freedom?

I know there are phones that work with 2G FIDO. But I'm looking for 3G/LTE (it doesn't need to be LTE all times)
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17268 posts
1542 upvotes
Woodbridge
OnePlus
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2650 posts
1041 upvotes
Everywhere
The galaxy s9 should work also.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1400 posts
82 upvotes
along the line of this discussion.......has anyone thought about using a dual-sim enabled device so you use sim1 for voice only plan ($24 corporate unlimited plan) and sim2 for data only plan (e.g. Fido's data for tablet $15-20).

this will only bring cost to $40...... is that possible? or advantageous?
Aug 19, 2018
335 posts
283 upvotes
bestknightmare wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 12:00 pm
along the line of this discussion.......has anyone thought about using a dual-sim enabled device so you use sim1 for voice only plan ($24 corporate unlimited plan) and sim2 for data only plan (e.g. Fido's data for tablet $15-20).

Many people on this forum do that already. They usually stick to prepaid for voice (which can be down to just a few bux a month) and focus on using VoIP software for dialing out.

It is definitely possible and absolutely advantageous. You are paying $20 less a month for similar features.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1400 posts
82 upvotes
it almost came to me as an epiphany but i guess true RFDer knew this trick long ago..... unfortunate i recently returned zen3 zoom from costco that had dual sim
i just came across learning about zoomer's $36 plan...... have to debate my options now....
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2650 posts
1041 upvotes
Everywhere
bestknightmare wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 12:00 pm

Many people do this, however, MMS messages will not work because there must be data service on the line that you're trying to send/ receive the MMS picture from.

A simpler method is to find a good VoIP service and you won't require the dual sim phone or the voice/text line.