• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 4:37 pm
[OP]
Dec 12, 2007
293 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto

Looking for a Fence Gate company

Looking to install a fence gate and was wondering if anyone has any referrals for a fence gate only.

Thanks !
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2403 posts
453 upvotes
Edmonton
Do you have a wooden fence?
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2403 posts
453 upvotes
Edmonton
So can't you get a set of hinges and some hardware and make the door? Might have to cut a few pieces of wood and screw them in but overall maybe two hours of work?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1910 posts
194 upvotes
Tmkf loves to tell everyone DIY everything, but that's not the answer for everyone. To make a gate you need tools like a mitre saw, preferably a drill/driver for screws rather than a hammer for nails, level, a square, tape measure, possibly clamps, etc. Depending on the design and size of the gate it can be a fair bit of work.

OP, I don't have any referrals for you unfortunately. You could try fence and deck companies but they'll probably be too busy for a small job like that at this time of year. Your best bet might be a general handyman. I would suggest come up with a pretty good idea of the design you like to lay it out as clear as possible. Get good quality hinges and gate hardware. I've had positive results with the Nuvo Iron products (hinges, latches, and gate inserts like this: Image
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2403 posts
453 upvotes
Edmonton
Capt. wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 10:17 am
Tmkf loves to tell everyone DIY everything, but that's not the answer for everyone. To make a gate you need tools like a mitre saw, preferably a drill/driver for screws rather than a hammer for nails, level, a square, tape measure, possibly clamps, etc. Depending on the design and size of the gate it can be a fair bit of work.

OP, I don't have any referrals for you unfortunately. You could try fence and deck companies but they'll probably be too busy for a small job like that at this time of year. Your best bet might be a general handyman. I would suggest come up with a pretty good idea of the design you like to lay it out as clear as possible. Get good quality hinges and gate hardware. I've had positive results with the Nuvo Iron products (hinges, latches, and gate inserts like this: Image
Well for one, the fence is made. So (arguably) the hardest part is done.
So most likely if you want to on the cheap, can get away with a tape measure, a level, screwdrivers and a hand saw. Will take alot more work using basic tools but think of it as a job well done and feel satisfaction doing something yourself.
You would think that if someone owns a home, they would atleast be able to do a few things themselves.

OP: If the toilet is plugged or the faucet leaks or you want to change a door knob, would you call a handyman or would you diy?