Computers & Electronics

Looking for a free Manitoba DID, which can callore than just Winnipeg without cost.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2014 1:29 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 30, 2007
423 posts
219 upvotes

Looking for a free Manitoba DID, which can callore than just Winnipeg without cost.

Hi all,

I am looking for a voip solution that allows me to have a MB # for incoming calls, but that will allow me to call more than Winnipeg.

Freephoneline would have been perfect except it costs outside of Winnipeg in seems.

I am not in MB, but family is.

Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
You can't afford 2 cents a minute? How many minutes a month are we talking about?

VoIP.ms offers a Winnipeg number for either 2$/month + 0.0149$ minutes incoming calls, or 5.95$/month unlimited incoming. It also costs 0.0052$/minute if you want to use voip.ms to call a winnipeg number.
Can't afford that? Tell them to get on Skype.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
I think forgo is entirely free.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
coolspot wrote: I think forgo is entirely free.
Same thing as freephoneline.ca
It is MOSTLY free, but a few places in Canada aren't free.
Here is the list, it works per 1-XXX-XXX-####. I guess for OP, his family's phone number falls into one that is charged 2 cents a minute.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1804 posts
476 upvotes
Vancouver
If you like jumping through hoops, FPL for incoming and Google Voice for outgoing. But I agree with the other poster, it would be much easier to have all parties use Skype.
Aug 30, 2007
423 posts
219 upvotes
Thanks for your feedback.

Sometimes people like trying to see if something is possible, in order to say that they can do it. That is me.

Secondly, not everyone is technologically inclined. That is them. I really don't want to be an out of province tech support.
Aug 30, 2007
423 posts
219 upvotes
PianoGuy wrote: If you like jumping through hoops, FPL for incoming and Google Voice for outgoing. But I agree with the other poster, it would be much easier to have all parties use Skype.
That's a great idea on the FPL for incoming, it only inconviences me, which I am fine with.

Yeah Skype would be easier, but nothing really beats the ease of just picking up the phone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)