Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Looking for free ocassional shredding of papers (50 pages at a time) in Metro Vancouver or Fraser Valley

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2017 7:01 pm
[OP]
Nov 5, 2015
16 posts

Looking for free ocassional shredding of papers (50 pages at a time) in Metro Vancouver or Fraser Valley

I'm posting in this Entrepreneur/SmallBiz forum because they presumably are also concerned with document shredding. If there's a better forum, do please let me know.

Where in Metro Vancouver or Fraser Valley can we have our documents shredded for free?

This will be needed occasionally, and only 50 sheets at a time.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4210 posts
1773 upvotes
Vancouver
Why you think this service would be free? Also, who on earth would drive all over Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley, presumably wait in a line up, just to shred 50 pieces of paper? You can buy a $50 shredder at staples and shred 50 sheets cross-cut in like... 2 minutes? And no, there's not really a place like that I am aware of. Most businesses who have high volume shredding needs either shred themselves on site, or have shredding boxes on site that they put paper into and then shredding companies come and pick up the boxes and shred the papers off-site for them. I can't imagine there would ever be a free shredding service because someone has to pay for the labour, maintenance of the shredders, electricity, disposal of the paper, etc.

A google search shows the cheapest option likely available is http://urbanimpact.com/ui-shred-days/ - Held every 1st/3rd Wednesday of the month in Richmond. Cost is $25 for the first 45kg. So as you can see, dropping off 50 sheets, or 45kg, is going to be the same price.
[OP]
Nov 5, 2015
16 posts
JKrioo wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 4:18 pm
Fireplace also works.
JKrioo, nice. I should have thought of this. We have a furnace! We'll incinerate the docs.
Banned
Jan 10, 2016
175 posts
80 upvotes
Newmarket
mapleleafsyrup wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 4:43 pm
JKrioo, nice. I should have thought of this. We have a furnace! We'll incinerate the docs.
Funny! And I was just trying to make a bit of a joke as I assumed you didn't have one. I collect my documents that need shredding in a box and take them to my Mom who has a shredder that does 15 pages at a time. However, in the winter they are my fire starters in the fireplace.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4485 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
The only small business owners that would have this problem are low on office space or expenses to buy a $50 shredder. You could ask your accountant, lawyer or pharmacist when you visit.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel