• Nov 4th, 2017 1:51 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14526 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto

Looking for a game (Horror genre)

This game has been wracking my brains for the last few weeks because I'm dying to play it again but I'm not sure which game it is.

I have a strong feeling it is the Silent Hill series but I can only vaguely remember a little bit of the intro. It may have been on console but I'm hoping it is also on PC, so let me describe what I remember.

In the beginning you are in NYC and it's being rocked by some supernatural phenomenon or earth quake. You're stuck in a hotel or apartment building and as the building is crumbling, you need to make your way out of it through a series of cracks in the floor/walls and even traverse from window ledge to window ledge.

I can't really remember anything else but that part of the game was really intriguing/interesting to me. I never finished it but I'd like to.

Does anyone have any idea what game I'm talking about?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2007
1200 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
It sounds like Alone in the Dark (2008)

How new is the game?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14526 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
LKane1 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 6:04 pm
It sounds like Alone in the Dark (2008)

How new is the game?

Yes, I think you are right. I guess the game is older than I thought.

Thanks!1
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7605 posts
2952 upvotes
East York
Outlast is a fun game, which was also made from some Toronto guys
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14526 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:33 am
Outlast is a fun game, which was also made from some Toronto guys
So the devs for alone in the dark also made Outlast? I may have that game. Kind of scary but also monotonous. It's either the one with the cell phone or video camera running around an asylum.

They also made soma if memory serves. For local talents the new cuphead game was made by two guys in Toronto.