• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2009 1:26 am
Tags:
None
Sep 12, 2009
8 posts

Looking to get into PWC, EY, KPMG and deloitte for 2009/10

Hi all,

I will be graduating in January of next year with all my credits for the CA designation and a degree. I have a great gpa and even better with my community involvement. I would very much love to start my career with the big four. Are there any employee's who are willing to help with the recruitment process and also give referrals to great candidates.

Regards.
41 replies
Jun 2, 2007
173 posts
3 upvotes
torontoking wrote:
Nov 5th, 2009 4:36 am
Hi all,

I will be graduating in January of next year with all my credits for the CA designation and a degree. I have a great gpa and even better with my community involvement. I would very much love to start my career with the big four. Are there any employee's who are willing to help with the recruitment process and also give referrals to great candidates.

Regards.
Hi there,

Recruiting for CA articling positions takes place during the fall of each year (Sept. - Oct.). These determine the hires for the follow January and September, although January starts are uncommon now. For example if you had attended the recruiting sessions during September 2009 and received a job offer it would be for January 2010 or September 2010. Since 95% of the CA articling positions for the mid to large firms are done during Sept/Oct your best bet would be to cold call the small to medium sized firms in January to see if you could join a firm for tax season.

Good luck!
Banned
Jun 11, 2008
598 posts
Toronto
torontoking wrote:
Nov 5th, 2009 4:36 am
Hi all,

Regards.
Nobody knows who you are and you are expecting referrals from the forum? Also if you are that determined to get into the big 4 why are you posting here and not doing your own research. Lastly, you are wayyy too late into the party. Please try re-post the same question sometimes August of 2010 which is when the hiring season start.

Honestly its people like you who feels the sense of entitlement that pisses companies off because you think jobs and information should be handed to you on a silver platter.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2009
2085 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
MarkIII wrote:
Nov 5th, 2009 2:55 pm
Nobody knows who you are and you are expecting referrals from the forum? Also if you are that determined to get into the big 4 why are you posting here and not doing your own research. Lastly, you are wayyy too late into the party. Please try re-post the same question sometimes August of 2010 which is when the hiring season start.

Honestly its people like you who feels the sense of entitlement that pisses companies off because you think jobs and information should be handed to you on a silver platter.
+1

pass me your name...I'll have you put on the 'no' list for my firm
Banned
Jun 11, 2008
598 posts
Toronto
tylaw83 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2009 3:18 pm
+1

pass me your name...I'll have you put on the 'no' list for my firm
You mean you are going to blacklist me? I am not even in the accounting industry :(
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2002
3812 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
To be fair, what Mark III says is true.
1. No one is going to refer a stranger on RFD.
2. Posting about it here < going to the Big4's sites to read more about the Co's. If they want to know more about reviews/salary, they should be on glassdoor and not RFD.
3. This guy with a great GPA apparantly focuses on school so much they don't realize the best companies, including the Big4, hire in Sep/Oct to get first pick of candidates.
Banned
Jun 11, 2008
598 posts
Toronto
simms wrote:
Nov 5th, 2009 7:37 pm
To be fair, what Mark III says is true.
1. No one is going to refer a stranger on RFD.
2. Posting about it here < going to the Big4's sites to read more about the Co's. If they want to know more about reviews/salary, they should be on glassdoor and not RFD.
3. This guy with a great GPA apparantly focuses on school so much they don't realize the best companies, including the Big4, hire in Sep/Oct to get first pick of candidates.
No this guy is most likely some cluecless dude who have NO FREAKIN clue what to do with his life nor possess basic common sense in life. Unless you lock yourself in purgatory and never set foot on campus, there is ABSOLUTELY NO Way to miss the massive recruitment of the Big 4 or other firms in the season. Or most likely his school is so crap that (college degree) that the firms will not touch with a 4 ft pole.

Lastly it is these people that firms avoid like plaque.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2009
2085 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
MarkIII wrote:
Nov 5th, 2009 8:08 pm
No this guy is most likely some cluecless dude who have NO FREAKIN clue what to do with his life nor possess basic common sense in life. Unless you lock yourself in purgatory and never set foot on campus, there is ABSOLUTELY NO Way to miss the massive recruitment of the Big 4 or other firms in the season. Or most likely his school is so crap that (college degree) that the firms will not touch with a 4 ft pole.

Lastly it is these people that firms avoid like plaque.
+1 again

My offer to put the OP on the "no" list still stands...PM me your name!
Banned
Jun 11, 2008
598 posts
Toronto
tylaw83 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2009 9:00 pm
+1 again

My offer to put the OP on the "no" list still stands...PM me your name!
OP..my fiance works at a Big 4 firm and is also in the HR and Hiring Committee, they have a few leftover spots for Jan 2010. Please PM me your name and details + resume and I'll pass is it on to her. Thinking about it, jobs are hard nowadays and we should help each other to the max!
Dec 14, 2006
86 posts
9 upvotes
MarkIII wrote:
Nov 5th, 2009 9:25 pm
OP..my fiance works at a Big 4 firm and is also in the HR and Hiring Committee, they have a few leftover spots for Jan 2010. Please PM me your name and details + resume and I'll pass is it on to her. Thinking about it, jobs are hard nowadays and we should help each other to the max!

Most likely your wife doesn't work at a Big 4 firm and her job is so crap she settled for you.

What's wrong you don't like assumptions? Stop being a prick.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2009
2085 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
arfin wrote:
Nov 6th, 2009 1:59 pm
Most likely your wife doesn't work at a Big 4 firm and her job is so crap she settled for you.

What's wrong you don't like assumptions? Stop being a prick.
He's not making any assumptions. Asking for a referral on a forum is a ******** thing to do and totally the wrong type of move that will in fact get you blacklisted. This is compounded by the fact the OP is doing this AFTER recruiting season just ended.

You sound a little disconnected with reality with that righteous attitude.
Dec 14, 2006
86 posts
9 upvotes
What's this then?
"Or most likely his school is so crap that (college degree) that the firms will not touch with a 4 ft pole."
I know what he's doing isn't the smartest thing but I mean come on, just because it's a forum doesn't mean you have to talk to a person in that way.
Banned
Jun 11, 2008
598 posts
Toronto
arfin wrote:
Nov 6th, 2009 3:13 pm
What's this then?

I know what he's doing isn't the smartest thing but I mean come on, just because it's a forum doesn't mean you have to talk to a person in that way.
Buddy, we are teaching him a lesson. We have many Big4ers and accountants here who offers good advice if you are worth it. What this guy doing will completely get him blacklisted by EVERY FIRM if he approaches them the same way at a recruiting session. I have seen many many people get blacklisted this way one way or another or simply being stupid.

Lastly, anyone with basic common sense will know that Big 4 recruit at a specific season. There is simply no excuse that you will miss out, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE in the 4 TH YEAR! If you are first year then we will be nicer.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2009
2085 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
MarkIII wrote:
Nov 6th, 2009 3:24 pm
Buddy, we are teaching him a lesson. We have many Big4ers and accountants here who offers good advice if you are worth it. What this guy doing will completely get him blacklisted by EVERY FIRM if he approaches them the same way at a recruiting session. I have seen many many people get blacklisted this way one way or another or simply being stupid.

Lastly, anyone with basic common sense will know that Big 4 recruit at a specific season. There is simply no excuse that you will miss out, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE in the 4 TH YEAR! If you are first year then we will be nicer.
My friend takes down the name of any graduating student (4th year) who asks him:
"When's the application deadline?"
"Can you tell me more about your firm?"

I'll probably do the same next year.

On the other hand, I'd be much more inclined to help out a first year student.
[OP]
Sep 12, 2009
8 posts
First off.. I happened to be the "Guy" who was asking for the "stupid" referral, well your right its wrong to ask for it on RFD, because I just went on the wrong site, I found five referrals in one day on linkedin, which are all very promising. Secondly, I knew the recruiting season was over, I did apply in september and did receive rejections, but I wasn't going to stop there. I befriended the Director of Human Resources at one of the Big four, and everything is going great now... but any help is good help..
× < >