Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
142 posts
76 upvotes

Looking for a good car service center in Mississauga for my Kia Sportage

Hi There,
I own a Kia Sportage 2013 bought it from 401 dixie showroom. I dont want to go to their service center because I found they are not responding properly as they used to when I bought the vehicle originally. Can I do my car services other than dealer's location? As my car is relatively new I want to know if there is issue doing it at non-authorized dealer? What are my options?

I stay near Dundas and Hurontario and any options closer to this location is helpful. I prefer weekends and/or after hours service.

Thanks in advance.
5 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1333 upvotes
taurian9 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2014 3:07 pm
Hi There,
I own a Kia Sportage 2013 bought it from 401 dixie showroom. I dont want to go to their service center because I found they are not responding properly as they used to when I bought the vehicle originally. Can I do my car services other than dealer's location?

As my car is relatively new I want to know if there is issue doing it at non-authorized dealer? What are my options?

I stay near Dundas and Hurontario and any options closer to this location is helpful. I prefer weekends and/or after hours service.

Thanks in advance.
Not an issue at all.

You don't have to go to a dealer for scheduled maintenance - just maintain your vehicle in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations. And as long as all service parts / fluids etc. meet factory spec, any competent and well equipped independent shop can do the scheduled maintenance for you.

So, against that backdrop, starting as soon as the day after you get your new car, you can have it serviced at an independent shop without worry ( in terms of voiding your warranty ).

You just have to make sure you keep all your invoices and proof of payment ( very important ).
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
142 posts
76 upvotes
Thank you for clarifying.

Anyone knows a good service center in Mississauga near Dundas/Hurontario? I am staying away from Canadian Tire based on RFDers feedback in other threads.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2488 posts
1051 upvotes
I usually go to all about imports at eglinton/tomken
Jul 18, 2015
1 posts
poedua wrote:
Mar 28th, 2014 3:27 pm
Not an issue at all.

You don't have to go to a dealer for scheduled maintenance - just maintain your vehicle in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations. And as long as all service parts / fluids etc. meet factory spec, any competent and well equipped independent shop can do the scheduled maintenance for you.

So, against that backdrop, starting as soon as the day after you get your new car, you can have it serviced at an independent shop without worry ( in terms of voiding your warranty ).

You just have to make sure you keep all your invoices and proof of payment ( very important ).
I wish to add a caveat to the above post. Your warranty for either a Kia or let's say a Honda product is not guaranteed to be honored if a failure occurs in the vehicle due to the use of a non original equipment part. Take an oil an filter. Let's say you used an aftermarket one that claims to meet the manufacturer's spec. If you have an engine failure, and the manufacturer can attribute it back to the use of that filter, then they can and have denied warranty claims where an aftermarket filter was used. So sometimes it would pay, especially during the warranty period, to insist that your independent shop use a KIA oil filter during the period of the warranty. The logic applies to any other part where the potential for catastrophic failure and large repair bills applies.