• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2010 2:50 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 27, 2003
535 posts
Snow Country, BC

Looking for good & cheap haircut place in Richmnd/Vancouver

I am new to Richmond/Vancouver, need a haircut but don't know where to go. Preferrably it would be a Chinese place that's good but cheap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James
Share:
16 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2941 posts
GVRD
jameslinux wrote:Preferrably it would be a Chinese place that's good but cheap.
Thanks,

James
hair knows no racist...
the man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will receive either - benjamin franklin
[OP]
Jan 27, 2003
535 posts
Snow Country, BC
Sorry, I didn't mean to be racist. Just when I tried other places they don't know how to cut my stupid straight hair. Maybe, I can take a picture of how I like my haircut and see if places like first choice haircutters can do it.
Aug 28, 2001
219 posts
BC
It's not exactly cheap, but Trade Secret in Richmond Centre does a good job. Not sure what they charge adults, but for students it is about $20.
May 13, 2004
905 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Chinatown has plenty of hair cut places for mere $8. ;)
Oct 11, 2001
696 posts
Vancouver, BC
HI
I go to "Time for Haircut" and it's $9 or $10. It's in the Superstore Parkade in Richmond. I've been there twice and the people there are really good. They spend time with you and consult with you.

It's definately not like those other cheap places where their attitude is "you get what you pay for"... There are 4 different stylists there. The guy who cuts my hair is Paul. Friendly and quite experienced.
[OP]
Jan 27, 2003
535 posts
Snow Country, BC
ud666 wrote:HI
I go to "Time for Haircut" and it's $9 or $10. It's in the Superstore Parkade in Richmond. I've been there twice and the people there are really good. They spend time with you and consult with you.

It's definately not like those other cheap places where their attitude is "you get what you pay for"... There are 4 different stylists there. The guy who cuts my hair is Paul. Friendly and quite experienced.
Thanks UD, I'll check them out Saturday before heading over to NCIX to pickup the Phillips Divx player. It's the one on #3 road right ?
Feb 25, 2003
127 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
A place I go to in Richmond for haircuts is Oceanic Hair Salon. It's on No. 3rd as well, across from the City Hall/Richmond Centre. There's a bus stop right in front of the shop. Uusally not very busy, the guy there does a pretty good job, costs about $13 bucks. Oh, he's Chinese, doesn't speak much English if that matters.
Oct 11, 2001
696 posts
Vancouver, BC
If you go on the weekends they will be pretty busy. Well try to go during the time where all the chinese are eating dimsum. Around 11-1pm. that should be a good time I think. If you have to wait just check in and say you will come back later. Go to Superstore read some mags and come back in 30 min or so.
jameslinux wrote:Thanks UD, I'll check them out Saturday before heading over to NCIX to pickup the Phillips Divx player. It's the one on #3 road right ?
Jun 11, 2007
1 posts
there's a place by Westminster Highway across the Richmond Public Market. It's in a small complex upstairs above a store that sells shop tools. They do 7.99 haircuts. They usually don't speak perfect english and have chinese radio blaring in the background. Once in a while, there will be a child, presumably the owner's son, running around and screaming. FOr 8 dollars, I find it's fairly good.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 25, 2004
5653 posts
147 upvotes
New Westminster
Go to London Drugs. Buy a rechargeable hair cutting kit for $50 and go for it.

Pros:
  • RFD payback period is around 6 haircuts (or less).
  • I get to do it on my time with no commute to get the job done.
  • Kids have fun (they have been doing it for 4 years) as I let them do it and I clean it up.
Cons:
  • I keep my hair really short so ... none.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 25, 2004
5653 posts
147 upvotes
New Westminster
Hmmm ... actually, I don't remember what mine cost, its been 6 or 7 years ... I was just quoting a rough number from LD ... but, for my unit ...
  • It is rechargeable/cordless
  • It doesn't have all those individual comb sizes; it's got one that is adjustable.
  • It had better reviews than the unit you posted :D
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
You really are cheap, CheapScottsman =)

I will probably buy it too because my hair grows up very fast and I get a haircut every 2 weeks because I don't like when my hair is longer than 1 inch. I like to keep it short.
And my regular barber costs $14 (12 plus 2 tips).
Damn, for $50 sounds reasonable.
Not to mention there's always lineup so I spend my life sitting in barber shop waiting for my turn. It's really stupid.

But how do you cut your neck area behind? And behind your head? Holding a mirror seems really uncomfortable.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 25, 2004
5653 posts
147 upvotes
New Westminster
Lulz wrote:
Feb 10th, 2010 6:32 pm
You really are cheap, CheapScottsman =)

I will probably buy it too because my hair grows up very fast and I get a haircut every 2 weeks because I don't like when my hair is longer than 1 inch. I like to keep it short.
And my regular barber costs $14 (12 plus 2 tips).
Damn, for $50 sounds reasonable.
Not to mention there's always lineup so I spend my life sitting in barber shop waiting for my turn. It's really stupid.

But how do you cut your neck area behind? And behind your head? Holding a mirror seems really uncomfortable.
I just shave it in the shower. Bit of practice and you get a straight line across ... or have the wife do it.
× < >