Home & Garden

Looking for a good computer chair (possibly Raynor Skate Mesh Manager Chair)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2015 3:58 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2008
1784 posts
1108 upvotes

Looking for a good computer chair (possibly Raynor Skate Mesh Manager Chair)

I am willing to spend about $400 and was looking at something like this:

http://www.staples.ca/en/Raynor-Skate-M ... CA_1_20001

the lower end model of the same line feels comfortable but it has a lower back and the armrests don't adjust (they are a bit low). Anyone have any experience with this or similar price range, that you can recommend?

I work at my computer 6-10 hours per day... not interested in paying $1000 for Herman Miller... (not at this point anyway :) )
There are 10 kinds of people in the world... Those who understand binary and those who don't 💡
14 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2008
1784 posts
1108 upvotes
LAPrince wrote: Wow $400 for chair ?
Apparently there are chairs for over $1,000 ... I am not ready to spend that much, but if you spend the whole day in front of the computer, like I do... a good chair is a must. I have a $150 Staples chair now and it's crap.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world... Those who understand binary and those who don't 💡
Mar 22, 2013
106 posts
52 upvotes
Quebec
Work wise I can't really say if i'll replace my aeron any time soon, but take a look at steelcase chairs. I hear they have been kicking herman millers ass lately.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2008
1784 posts
1108 upvotes
I am not surprised... It wasn't comfy and the armrests have the dumbest mechanism ever. I ended up returning it and buying this one:

http://www.source.ca/office-chairs-seat ... ing-series

thanks for the heads up though.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4560 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
I am also looking for a good comfy chair.. I work from home and my current one makes my back, legs and shoulder hurt.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3731 posts
1526 upvotes
Woodbridge
You know, until this thread, I never actually gave much thought to quality chairs. It's crazy when you think about it. Between work and home, many of us spend more time sitting in a chair than sleeping on a mattress - and people spend thousands on a good mattress. Considering all that static weight on your lower back, having a proper chair if you do most of your work sitting is huge. Spend a few hundred now to save decades of back problems. Good trade to me!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1187 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
Herman Miller FTW! Ok, the prices are high, but you're not only paying for the design, but every single HM chair I've sat in has good lumbar support and the butt feels fine after hours of sitting. Materials and build are fantastic, going on 4 years and still no issues. I have the rubber wheels for hardwood, still glides around like I just pulled it from the box. Best investment since I sit for the majority of the day. My wife wants a nice chair to replace her rock hard staples chair and I want to buy a new chair and give her my old chair . I may get hurt.
Jul 7, 2005
604 posts
177 upvotes
You should be able to get a used one from Kijiji for typically about $500, base or fully loaded can be luck of the draw.
I've never bought one off Kijiji but was keeping an eye out for them over a couple months.
The steelcase are nice too, have them at work...but they don't vent like a mesh chair does.
Mar 31, 2013
346 posts
1112 upvotes
Courtenay, BC
check out costco, I bought a chair at Staples a few years ago that is nice and comfy for me, leather and mutiple adjust...........same one is sitting on floor
at Costco for $100 less

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)