Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2005
2007 posts
104 upvotes

Looking for good dog/pet forum

Just adopted a dog, looking for good forum(as good as RFD :razz: )for some advice. Thanks
8 replies
Jun 26, 2006
439 posts
3 upvotes
Ontario
What kind of a breed is your dog? There are breed specific dog forums online. Some of us are dog owners too.
"Don't think of yourself as an ugly person, just a beautiful monkey." :cheesygri
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2005
2007 posts
104 upvotes
delphine wrote:
Oct 5th, 2006 3:48 pm
What kind of a breed is your dog? There are breed specific dog forums online. Some of us are dog owners too.
I have a lab & collie mix.
May 30, 2005
249 posts
We rescued a lab-collie mix a few months ago.

I like the eBay.com discussion board on animals. Lots of knowledgeable people, and quick to reply.

Also, we bought Cesar Milan's DVD series (Season 1). Cheapest place was Amazon.ca - $30-something dollars. He's a dog psychologist, rather than a dog trainer, and we found his approach really helped us with our dogs.

Finally, if you think your dog's a chewer, buy leashes and collars made by Lupine - they have a lifetime guarantee (replacement) even if the dog chews them. Cheapest price for these is on eBay, if you can wait for them to be shipped to you. With our dogs, that's a really good deal!!

Have fun!! :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2005
2007 posts
104 upvotes
cookie-monster wrote:
Oct 7th, 2006 1:23 pm
We rescued a lab-collie mix a few months ago.

I like the eBay.com discussion board on animals. Lots of knowledgeable people, and quick to reply.

Also, we bought Cesar Milan's DVD series (Season 1). Cheapest place was Amazon.ca - $30-something dollars. He's a dog psychologist, rather than a dog trainer, and we found his approach really helped us with our dogs.

Finally, if you think your dog's a chewer, buy leashes and collars made by Lupine - they have a lifetime guarantee (replacement) even if the dog chews them. Cheapest price for these is on eBay, if you can wait for them to be shipped to you. With our dogs, that's a really good deal!!

Have fun!! :)
Where did you recued your dog? I got mine in Aug and went camping at Bon Echo Provincial Park, met with a girl walking her dog at the beach and the puppy is actually my dog's sister(the girl adopted the puppy at the same place).
I'll check out the DVD and the Lupine leashs.
Thanks again!
× < >