Food & Drink

Looking for a high quality Chinese restaurant

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2017 5:33 pm
Nov 23, 2008
382 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
KendrickStone wrote: Fancy is awful....do not go there.

Dragon Boat or fishman
Is there a particular reason as to why you dislike it? I haven't gone in a while, but I've always enjoyed my family dinners there.

I actually prefer Fancy over Dragon Boat for dinner.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
dragon boat changed ownership like a year ago, its mediocre now.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
carmageddon wrote: Dayali in Markham hwy7/404 was pretty good. Went a year ago for a work lunch.
I was shocked to find out it closed down... Or was that just a rumour?
Last edited by Pochacco on May 26th, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
Cantonese, Shanghai, ....etc?

compare quality? for what reason? budget?

Lah Wah Heen
Casa-Imperial Fine Chinese Cuisine / Casa Victoria
Fishman Lobster Clubhouse Restaurant

i would stick with those 3 for now...unfortunately those restaurants are too rich for my blood
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3607 posts
5352 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pochacco wrote: I was shocked to find out it closed down... Or was that just a rumour?
News to me. I haven't been in over a year. If I drive by, Ill check it out. I work in that area.
Feb 5, 2017
146 posts
101 upvotes
There's no competition, Yu Seafood is the ultimate Chinese restaurant in North America.

It's like the 5* of Fishman.

Whether its worth it or not is a different story. Fishman deserves the award for Best Value.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2010
1020 posts
958 upvotes
Toronto
I personally like Congee Queen a lot. Multiple locations in Markham/Scarborough. Pretty good prices for the quality and quantity you get.

Also shout out to Chung King Garden at Market Village. Go there for the Peking duck, stay for the overly happy and enthusiastic waiter.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
I am shocked...Judy cuisine has closed down.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
IM shocked as well
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2551 posts
1071 upvotes
Ontario
Yu seafood is overrated. Food was not good at all. You're just paying a lot since the ingredients is fancy but not for good preparation of the food.

The dishes were lacking favour.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
[/right]
yao416 wrote: IM shocked as well

Oh Yao Unamused Face

Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9598 posts
2225 upvotes
Somewhere
We stopped going to Judy Cuisine a long time ago. Their waitresses constantly badger you to get the high priced/margin stuffs. Then when you don't, their service/attitude deteriorates significantly.

They have a nice chicken, but Chi Star's chicken is a lot better.
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Just curious, has anyone been to China and did not like the food? I was in Beijing a couple of years ago and it didn't agree with me. Not that it probably wasn't good but I think my tastes have been very acclimated to Toronto's Chinese cuisine.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dragon boat is considered high-end? To me more like mid-high at best.

No one here tried Ming Cuisine?
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote: dragon boat is considered high-end? To me more like mid-high at best.

No one here tried Ming Cuisine?
I tried and liked it.

Cons:

The place is too small

Reservations is a must

They run out of their daily soup specials within the hour they Open??!?!

Need to preorder their special soup if u want it for dinner.

Pulls the extra pounds trick (this should be illegal).. organize a dinner once and were all looking forward to one of their seafood combo but they came back and told us they didn't have that Crab size and they had to charge us for the extra pound(s) ..so we decided not to go with it because it was simply too overpriced.

Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pochacco wrote: I tried and liked it.

Cons:

The place is too small

Reservations is a must

They run out of their daily soup specials within the hour they Open??!?!

Need to preorder their special soup if u want it for dinner.

Pulls the extra pounds trick (this should be illegal).. organize a dinner once and were all looking forward to one of their seafood combo but they came back and told us they didn't have that Crab size and they had to charge us for the extra pound(s) ..so we decided not to go with it because it was simply too overpriced.
Agree with most points. Gotta book in advance. I found their lobster combos to be pretty good value