Cell Phones

Looking for iPhone 7 plus. Wait or buy?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2018 9:23 am

Poll: Buy now or Wait for iPhone 7+

• Total votes: 11. You have voted on this poll.
Buy Now

27%
Wait it Out

45%
Flush / skip it

18%
Buy Two or More when the deal's hot

9%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1278 posts
98 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…

Looking for iPhone 7 plus. Wait or buy?

In market to get an iPhone 7 plus. I understand new iPhone is announced. When does it become generally available?

On kijiji, current iPhone 7 plus 32gb price is about $550. 128gb $600.

Anyone who has purchased phones around New iPhone release time, is it expected to drop more or would you pull the trigger?
Last edited by titaniumtux on Sep 14th, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Poll it up
19 replies
Nov 9, 2016
77 posts
26 upvotes
Where do you go to find phones for your used market? I have read on here that Kijiji is pretty risky.
Asking as I am looking into Iphone 7's or 8's as well.
Nov 1, 2009
675 posts
147 upvotes
therealbry wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 4:50 pm
Where do you go to find phones for your used market? I have read on here that Kijiji is pretty risky.
Asking as I am looking into Iphone 7's or 8's as well.
I can think for orchard.com as one venue to buy your iPhones.
The guarantee their phone will never be blacklisted.

Another one is buy from BST RFD.

You may also check around your workplace, there's bound to be someone who's upgrading to the new iPhones.
Maybe you can strike a deal there.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
28534 posts
3915 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I have an iPhone 7 Plus 128 Gig (jet black) with an original iPhone leather case. Screen protector applied since day one and all accessories are still in the original box untouched.

If I get a decent offer, I would sell and upgrade to the new iPhone Xs Max
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3696 posts
639 upvotes
GTEH!
I'm going to wait and see what the prices are for Black Friday Sales.
😎
May 8, 2009
6437 posts
2685 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Added poll.

Bigger question is OP are you buying off grey market, new from Apple Store (outright) or through carrier subsidy?

Through carrier subsidy it'll be cheapest on Black Friday.

Other question is how urgent do you need an "upgrade? iPhone 7/7+ is hitting the "older phone" tier and will soon hit the clearance bin. If you're "upgrading" to an old phone, what do you have now? How painful is it to use what you have? Have you considered an Android, even if it's for a short term?

Lastly, how much do you value an iPhone 7+? If you value it at it's going rate, just buy it 🤣
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1278 posts
98 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
Hey. Thanks for the modification.

Currently using a working note 3. Was going to get it used, understanding the risks of second hand market.

Phone is for my partner who would prefer an iPhone over an Android.

Not in a rush but was hoping to capitalize on the latest iPhone release instead of waiting forever. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

iPhone 7 plus is now trending downwards to $500 from yesterday's $550. I have seen 2 posts for $450 as well on Kijiji.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10902 posts
1256 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
sahilz wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 3:32 pm
In market to get an iPhone 7 plus. I understand new iPhone is announced. When does it become generally available?

On kijiji, current iPhone 7 plus 32gb price is about $550. 128gb $600.

Anyone who has purchased phones around New iPhone release time, is it expected to drop more or would you pull the trigger?
Ive been seeing all 7 models and 8's for basically $0 dollar down. Anywhere from $0 to $149 on the loyalty screens at MyRobbers for few mos. With credits and bit of negotiation I can get the 8+ 256GB for $0 down and stay on the same plan.
Last edited by aznnorth on Sep 16th, 2018 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10902 posts
1256 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
sahilz wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 12:36 am
I ended up buying one for $500, from a nice lady named Lucy. Box, accessories, charger, all in.
Just an FYI... Bring it to an apple store. Have them check the cycle usage on the battery. On average it shud have 700 cycles for a brand new battery. Apple can tell you the exact usage. Good to know fact if you've been ripped off and someone gives a fone with under a 100 cycles left. Also an indicator when you need the battery changed.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
15492 posts
2961 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 12:51 am
Just an FYI... Bring it to an apple store. Have them check the cycle usage on the battery. On average it shud have 700 cycles for a brand new battery. Apple can tell you the exact usage. Good to know fact if you've been ripped off and someone gives a fone with under a 100 cycles left. Also an indicator when you need the battery changed.
Battery replacement cost is $35 for 2018. I wouldn’t worry too much about cost of the battery.

You can check the battery wear at home, at least on a Mac.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10902 posts
1256 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
EugW wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 1:26 am
Battery replacement cost is $35 for 2018. I wouldn’t worry too much about cost of the battery.
Not the point. PITA to get apple to change the battery. Many have experienced frustration and push back. Not simply hand them $35 bucks and they do it asap without question. I had mine done 1st week of the replacement program. I had to prove my case technically over 30-40 min with the tech before he was convinced enough to do the job. It's time, energy and effort. I had to show,

-errors/symptoms were replicated due to low battery capacity while he was there
-capacity itself was 80% or lower on a consistent basis
-pass the diagnostics
-checked the history of software and apps to see if there were any significant modifications which may affect performance other than the battery
-everything discussed seemed to concentrate on liability to apple rather than helping the customer

Battery replacement is YMMV.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1278 posts
98 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
aznnorth wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 12:51 am
Are there self diagnostics that can be ran without booking an appointment with Apple store?