• Nov 25th, 2017 11:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
1728 posts
343 upvotes
Windsor

Looking to Join / Start Netflix Group

I have Netflix now, but I'd like to either join a group (for which there don't seem to be any availabilities), or just start one myself.

If I can get 3 ppl with at least a 3 month commitment/ea (EFT payment only), I can add you to my account.

3 month = $9
6 month = $18
... etc etc
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
7 replies
Aug 16, 2015
241 posts
46 upvotes
Ajax, ON
I'd be down to join if you're still starting one.
Nov 29, 2016
36 posts
64 upvotes
If it is the premium plan, which i assume it is based on price, count me in
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
what if the people you share with start sharing their accounts too? Will happen for sure. There is a maximum streaming devices limit and it's easy to hit that limit. Very annoying when you just want to watch something.
Jan 17, 2014
37 posts
Toronto
If you have any spots open im in for 6 months
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
1728 posts
343 upvotes
Windsor
So, I actually filled my account with local friends; sorry everyone, after this weekend my friends finally started replying to my Facebook account.
espo2k wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 6:06 pm
what if the people you share with start sharing their accounts too? Will happen for sure. There is a maximum streaming devices limit and it's easy to hit that limit. Very annoying when you just want to watch something.
As with all of these group sells, you buy "device" slots ... if you want two simultaneous devices, you pay for two slots ... if you use more than your number of slots, you hopefully know who is doing it, you reset the password and ban that person, and start over. The password thing is actually a concern; as far as I can tell, I'd have to give out the admin password for the account, so someone dubious could have just reset everything and changed the passwords, which would have been a pain in the butt for me to re-set back.

Sharing the username/password is actually probably a pretty easy bug to squash; you can see, in the web interface, who is connected (IP / device), and these days, most people have decently close to a static IP. If ever it went over the limit, I'd just start booting new devices, and geographically matching the IPs, I'd probably reasonably be able to guess who handed out the password.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.