• Oct 17th, 2017 7:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 22, 2010
481 posts
56 upvotes

Looking for Lactic Acid Cream

Does anyone know where I can get Amlactin (Lactic Acid cream) in Toronto or online? I tried amazon but they don't ship to Canada. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1719 posts
80 upvotes
Barrie
+1 to Lac Hydrin, its at shoppers by the cetaphil for 13.99.

I don't mind the texture or smell, but it is a little glue like LOL its awesome though, I love it to pieces
[OP]
May 22, 2010
481 posts
56 upvotes
Thanks guys! I have some dark spots and I've heard it can fade them so I wanted to give it a shot. I actually just ordered a bottle from ebay.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1719 posts
80 upvotes
Barrie
I wish you had said that before... lactic acid is good, and a good starter acid. But glycolic penetrates deeper, and will have a better effect at fading spots. You could start with the lactic, and use that for a but, and then move on to a glycolic. You can find glycolic acid in neostrata and reversa products at shoppers. Or you can order Alpha Hydrox Souffle from ebay, which is better and cheaper.

I would also recommend a vitamin C serum, it really, really helps. You could get something like Nufountain L-Ascorbic Acid serum, start at 10% and work up. Other options are Silk Naturals, Ole Henriksen Truth Serum (can be found in sephora, but its expensive and uses a weaker form of C).

Another option is hydroquinone, used as a spot treatment only, can be had over the counter for $20 a tube, which will last forever.

Taking it further you can look into Obagi products... but I dont wanna write an essay lol

Remember this stuff takes time, so stick with it as you wont see immediate results. Also, make sure you use a sunscreen. Acids make your skin photosensitve, which is likely to cause more spots

Good luck :)
[OP]
May 22, 2010
481 posts
56 upvotes
thanks! If lactic acid doesn't work out I'll definitely try out glycolic next time.
Jul 23, 2013
1 posts
While Glycolic Acid is commonly thought of as the better of the two, independent research studies on alpha hydroxy acids have determined that this is not necessarily the case, and that Lactic Acid is the superior AHA. Lactic Acid stimulates cell turnover and cell renewal at a higher rate than Glycolic Acid and with less irritation. Unlike Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid has added benefits: it hydrates the skin, increases natural ceramides (barrier lipids) in the epidermis and whitens the skin when used at concentrations greater than 5%.

Source: http://www.dermalinstitute.com/us/libra ... _Acid.html
Sep 20, 2015
73 posts
14 upvotes
Brantford, ON
Sorry for bringing an old tread up but I've been looking for Lac Hydrin 12% and can't seem to find it. I checked a few of my local shoppers and was told they're either out of stock or discounted. I have kp and was wondering if there's any alternative? I haven't used any thing so far. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks.