Tags:
None
Nov 24, 2012
143 posts
45 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER

Looking for new plan/phone for my Dad

Hey there guys,

So my Dad is 65 and he's never owned a Cellphone. I convinced him that he should get a decent plan (Around 30-35) that includes Talk/Text and a little Data. He has his own iPod Touch so he's kept in the loop with Apple products and PCs.

Im guessing that the Wind $29 plan is the best bet? I might need to look into getting him a phone as well.

Any suggestions?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3885 posts
666 upvotes
Have a look at the coverage map for wind as well... Look at Koodo... Virgin... Fido...
Koodo=Telus
Virgin=Bell
Fido=-Rogers
Nov 24, 2012
143 posts
45 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER
Well, I'm not exactly looking for an iPhone for him. I just don't want to get him an 8 year old flip phone.
He doesn't travel much at all but he's officially retired in the next 2-3 months.

I called Rogers (my provider) and they were no help or even seemed interested in helping me find a plan/phone for him.
I'm leaning more and more towards the Wind $29 plan, the coverage seems to be good around our area (North Vancouver).
Not sure what Koodo has in terms of promos but I haven't heard anything.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4327 posts
437 upvotes
Calgary
Galaxy nexus on $29 plan may be a nice option, if he can adjust himself to android.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Nov 30, 2012
47 posts
2 upvotes
NORTH YORK
If you want to start him out slow get him a BB 9320, a BB keyboard can't be beat for texting ability. If you think he can handle something a little more complicated get him a Galaxy Nexus.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)