• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2018 4:33 pm
8 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4816 posts
2606 upvotes
Looks decent enough.

But I saw this one the other day at Costcoin the warehouse (available for every Costco Member to purchase)

costco-karcher-pressure-washer-k1900r-1 ... #p29674590

I think i’d buy it before the one at Cdn Tire, just because
(A) it’s a Karcher, considered the first name in power washers
(B) it’s a tad more powerful (1900 vs 1800 psi) and a longer Hose (25 vs 23 Feet)
And most importantly...
(C)it’s Costco... never any hassles with Costco’s Warranty / Return Policy (not always the same at Cdn Tire)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1361 posts
433 upvotes
Quebec
PointsHubby wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 10:19 am
Looks decent enough.

But I saw this one the other day at Costcoin the warehouse (available for every Costco Member to purchase)

costco-karcher-pressure-washer-k1900r-1 ... #p29674590

I think i’d buy it before the one at Cdn Tire, just because
(A) it’s a Karcher, considered the first name in power washers
(B) it’s a tad more powerful (1900 vs 1800 psi) and a longer Hose (25 vs 23 Feet)
And most importantly...
(C)it’s Costco... never any hassles with Costco’s Warranty / Return Policy (not always the same at Cdn Tire)
It’s mostly cuz I have a Canadian tire gift card :p
Dec 27, 2016
317 posts
293 upvotes
Personally I wouldn’t buy a Simoniz no matter what the price. Complete junk. It’s a Canadian Tire house brand. There are websites dedicated to complaints. Stay away. Use the gift card for gas.
Karcher is a good name.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4816 posts
2606 upvotes
Frank510 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 11:27 am
Personally I wouldn’t buy a Simoniz no matter what the price. Complete junk. It’s a Canadian Tire house brand. There are websites dedicated to complaints. Stay away. Use the gift card for gas.
Karcher is a good name.
Agree with @Frank510

If it’s ONLY BECAUSE you have a GC
Then your better Purchase is going to be gas

Lots of RFDers who swear by Cdn Tires deals on gasoline

Consider saving it for one of those cents off promos
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1361 posts
433 upvotes
Quebec
Frank510 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 11:27 am
Karcher is a good name.
Almost no gas station in Quebec

And he ones we are are too far from me
Dec 27, 2016
317 posts
293 upvotes
ratatapa wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 1:29 pm

Almost no gas station in Quebec

And he ones we are are too far from me
Too bad. Regardless. Stay clear of Simoniz. They are disposable power washers.
Jan 3, 2015
88 posts
30 upvotes
Delta, BC
Had a refurbed Karcher. Dropped it off a deck. Bought a Simoniz at Canadian Tire. Used once and didnt like it. Returned it a day or two after short return period with some hassle. Bought another Karcher. Have had it for over 10 years with no issues
Feb 11, 2018
640 posts
474 upvotes
Look for deals on Karcher (electric) PW. You should also keep your eyes open for Stanley PW. They are made by AR Blue. An Italian company with a pump of even higher quality than Karcher.

I will probably buy this one when it goes on sale. If you read the reviews one person got it for US$165 with tax. I think they usually go on sale in April. And I will also buy this so I can mount it on the wall. You also get a 25' extension so you end up with 50' hose. Very versatile and portable. You can take it with you anywhere you wish. And of course it is made by AR Blue and is a clone of this one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)