• Sep 12th, 2018 6:09 am
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6210 posts
3806 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Looks decent enough.

But I saw this one the other day at Costcoin the warehouse (available for every Costco Member to purchase)

costco-karcher-pressure-washer-k1900r-1 ... #p29674590

I think i’d buy it before the one at Cdn Tire, just because
(A) it’s a Karcher, considered the first name in power washers
(B) it’s a tad more powerful (1900 vs 1800 psi) and a longer Hose (25 vs 23 Feet)
And most importantly...
(C)it’s Costco... never any hassles with Costco’s Warranty / Return Policy (not always the same at Cdn Tire)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1458 posts
467 upvotes
Quebec
PointsHubby wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 10:19 am
Looks decent enough.

But I saw this one the other day at Costcoin the warehouse (available for every Costco Member to purchase)

costco-karcher-pressure-washer-k1900r-1 ... #p29674590

I think i’d buy it before the one at Cdn Tire, just because
(A) it’s a Karcher, considered the first name in power washers
(B) it’s a tad more powerful (1900 vs 1800 psi) and a longer Hose (25 vs 23 Feet)
And most importantly...
(C)it’s Costco... never any hassles with Costco’s Warranty / Return Policy (not always the same at Cdn Tire)
It’s mostly cuz I have a Canadian tire gift card :p
Dec 27, 2016
420 posts
447 upvotes
Personally I wouldn’t buy a Simoniz no matter what the price. Complete junk. It’s a Canadian Tire house brand. There are websites dedicated to complaints. Stay away. Use the gift card for gas.
Karcher is a good name.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6210 posts
3806 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Frank510 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 11:27 am
Personally I wouldn’t buy a Simoniz no matter what the price. Complete junk. It’s a Canadian Tire house brand. There are websites dedicated to complaints. Stay away. Use the gift card for gas.
Karcher is a good name.
Agree with @Frank510

If it’s ONLY BECAUSE you have a GC
Then your better Purchase is going to be gas

Lots of RFDers who swear by Cdn Tires deals on gasoline

Consider saving it for one of those cents off promos
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1458 posts
467 upvotes
Quebec
Frank510 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 11:27 am
Karcher is a good name.
Almost no gas station in Quebec

And he ones we are are too far from me
Dec 27, 2016
420 posts
447 upvotes
ratatapa wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 1:29 pm

Almost no gas station in Quebec

And he ones we are are too far from me
Too bad. Regardless. Stay clear of Simoniz. They are disposable power washers.
Jan 3, 2015
97 posts
32 upvotes
Delta, BC
Had a refurbed Karcher. Dropped it off a deck. Bought a Simoniz at Canadian Tire. Used once and didnt like it. Returned it a day or two after short return period with some hassle. Bought another Karcher. Have had it for over 10 years with no issues
Feb 11, 2018
906 posts
704 upvotes
Look for deals on Karcher (electric) PW. You should also keep your eyes open for Stanley PW. They are made by AR Blue. An Italian company with a pump of even higher quality than Karcher.

I will probably buy this one when it goes on sale. If you read the reviews one person got it for US$165 with tax. I think they usually go on sale in April. And I will also buy this so I can mount it on the wall. You also get a 25' extension so you end up with 50' hose. Very versatile and portable. You can take it with you anywhere you wish. And of course it is made by AR Blue and is a clone of this one.
You can only convince people of what they already know.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
12955 posts
2481 upvotes
London
Princess auto has an AR electric pressure washer on sale for $99 till Aug 19. It’s the 1400 psi model. It’s on the front page of the current flyer, sku 879720
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1029 posts
310 upvotes
I've had a AR383 for 5+ years used 1to2x/week for car washing and it still works perfectly. Even thought it was done when i forgot to winterize it last year due to house move. Downside is if you want to add attachments (ie foam cannon) it's a PITA since it uses proprietary connections. Also the plastic hose connection QR is pretty crap.

With this said, I wouldn't buy an AR again. My next unit will be a SunJoe SPX3000. Lowest it's been on on Amazon was $169. It's $198 now which is still a pretty decent price if you need one right now.

When looking for a PW, look at GPM, not PSI.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13015 posts
1600 upvotes
There are four or five key difference between the gas powered power washers and the electric ones. First two are their nozzle pressure and their relative noise level. You also have to consider that the gas can be operated without the presence of AC source (unless you are using a portable genny but then you are defeating the whole purpose). The electric ones do not produce any pollution. For any small job an electric washer may be able to handle the job but generally you may find that there are jobs that the electric power washers just can not generate enough pressure. Yes, the electric power washers are not as noisy and weigh a fraction of the gas powered but as someone who has had several power washers I would always recommend a gas powered. I prefer servicing the gas powered as trying to repair any electric washer is a futile attempt on reality. The last, any gas powered power washer needs to be winterized and stored for the season.
Nov 18, 2004
254 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Hi - I am in the market for a pressure washer too - have I missed the sales? (When are they?) Any opinion on the Ryobi's - specifically the RY142300 or the ultrabasic RY141612?
Thanks
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
12955 posts
2481 upvotes
London
barold wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 4:21 pm
Hi - I am in the market for a pressure washer too - have I missed the sales? (When are they?) Any opinion on the Ryobi's - specifically the RY142300 or the ultrabasic RY141612?
Thanks
Costco is clearing out the Subaru/ Yamaha gas washers and the karcher electric. See hot deals
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1010 posts
241 upvotes
if you're aluminum siding goes up to second story you'll be hardpressed getting it to clean with an electric PW - it's simply not powerful enough nor outputs the volume of water required to clean it - unless you want to spend a week doing so.
"A festivus for the rest of us"

Items for Sale:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)