Nov 28, 2013
2274 posts
923 upvotes
Quebec

Looking for opinion on this snowblower

https://www.homedepot.ca/produit/snow-j ... 1000837043

The goal i need is

1) To remove the snow on a wodden deck
2) to make a passage from my Cottage to the front of my house in case i need my generator that will be in my cottage during winter
3) I need to know if these would be able to shovel the snow when it will be freezing outside (aka Iced snow)

Thanks
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6382 posts
1970 upvotes
GTA
That little electric snowblower is only good for light dustings of snow, its not going to touch "iced snow"
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7631 posts
3996 upvotes
Kootenays
ratatapa wrote: https://www.homedepot.ca/produit/snow-j ... 1000837043

The goal i need is

2) to make a passage from my Cottage to the front of my house in case i need my generator that will be in my cottage during winter
3) I need to know if these would be able to shovel the snow when it will be freezing outside (aka Iced snow)

Thanks
How long of an extension cord will you need for that?!! I guess you could start the generator and wheel it behind you.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2274 posts
923 upvotes
Quebec
smacd wrote: How long of an extension cord will you need for that?!! I guess you could start the generator and wheel it behind you.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I have external electric plug everywhere so thats not an issue
Mar 7, 2008
499 posts
126 upvotes
Leask
ratatapa wrote: https://www.homedepot.ca/produit/snow-j ... 1000837043

The goal i need is

Thanks
I have this snow blower and because is so light, I have use it to remove snow from side of my house by physically carrying it into the side
Nov 30, 2015
355 posts
156 upvotes
GTA, ON
ratatapa wrote: 2) to make a passage from my Cottage to the front of my house in case i need my generator that will be in my cottage during winter
I think it will not work to clear a path to get the generator if you don't have electrical power to begin with. Hmmm, I most likely misunderstood the point. Winking Face
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2274 posts
923 upvotes
Quebec
lazybummer wrote: I think it will not work to clear a path to get the generator if you don't have electrical power to begin with. Hmmm, I most likely misunderstood the point. Winking Face
You sure did!

I meant to make a path so the generator can pass IF i need it :P
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7631 posts
3996 upvotes
Kootenays
ratatapa wrote: I have external electric plug everywhere so thats not an issue
Whoosh!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
14818 posts
4095 upvotes
London
ratatapa wrote: You sure did!

I meant to make a path so the generator can pass IF i need it :P
Did you mean “garage” or “storage shed” at your house vs “cottage” ?

Cause a “cottage” is normally a few hundred km away from most person’s house. That’s one long extension cord

There are many factors to consider like location, the size of an average single snowfall , type of snow, whether the path is paved, grass or gravel, length of time the snow sits, etc