Looking for recommendations on SEO company

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2018 11:13 am
[OP]
Feb 9, 2013
40 posts
1 upvote

Looking for recommendations on SEO company

I am looking for recommendations on SEO companies. Got a quote for $3500 per month which is too much for me. I'd like to find someone who is reasonably priced (under $500 per month, I have a small budget) and does a decent job (i.e. keep the site on the first page of any keyword searches).

Thank you.
29 replies
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
102 upvotes
Montreal
I have a website and have been looking for SEO information too (I'm IT developer). What I learn is to pay directly to Google AdWords . But you need to analyse your keywords first and do the right setting in Google AdWords campaign. Don't believe too much to those SEO companies.
Do your homework, search for AdWords tips. The most important thing is to identify all your keywords and build the search criteria (keyword list), like +ipad+pro will display only when a search has both 2 words, if you use iPad pro it will display either with iPad or Pro or iPad Pro , etc.

Some companies do a dirty SEO will put your site in trouble with Google in the future.

My website has too specific keywords, I have spent some money with no result, after that I figure out how to optimize the website for Google indexing service and it works better.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4867 posts
633 upvotes
viperfish wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 11:38 am
I am looking for recommendations on SEO companies. Got a quote for $3500 per month which is too much for me. I'd like to find someone who is reasonably priced (under $500 per month, I have a small budget) and does a decent job (i.e. keep the site on the first page of any keyword searches).

Thank you.
I do SEO. I charge $1000-$2000+ per month. I am not a firm, I do it on the side of my other online work I do. Everything I get is word of mouth. I have a client I recently took on for $700. That's about as low as I would go, and even that it's tough to really get work done at that price range. You have to think, you're trying to compete with competitors who have probably been doing SEO for years, and are spending $1000+, but you expect to catch up to them on a fraction of their budget. You also have to make sure the company you hire doesn't do any shady stuff that will get you penalized. A lot of companies promise the moon, but end up not doing anything.
reesefitzmaurice wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 10:35 am
xfactorseo.com
That's called black hat that will get you penalized lol.
Jan 16, 2017
284 posts
120 upvotes
baz5 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 11:37 pm
I do SEO. I charge $1000-$2000+ per month. I am not a firm, I do it on the side of my other online work I do. Everything I get is word of mouth. I have a client I recently took on for $700. That's about as low as I would go, and even that it's tough to really get work done at that price range. You have to think, you're trying to compete with competitors who have probably been doing SEO for years, and are spending $1000+, but you expect to catch up to them on a fraction of their budget. You also have to make sure the company you hire doesn't do any shady stuff that will get you penalized. A lot of companies promise the moon, but end up not doing anything.

That's called black hat that will get you penalized lol.

nah bro, xfactorseo.com is pretty good!
Banned
Jun 5, 2017
8 posts
6 upvotes
viperfish wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 11:38 am

Thank you.
Theres so many different ways this can go for you.

Theres onsite and offsite SEO

Onsite: Your on page seo, link structure, design, code
Offsite: Links to your site, social etc.. anything that is not on your site

You can pay for both separately.

Offsite: You can pay adwords and bing lots of money for clicks to your site. This is effective and a better short term strategy. Its effective right away. Building organic rankings is difficult and time consuming. Will cost more before any results and is risky.

Are you a local business? International Brand? What niche are you competing it? Is it high competition? Answer those questions and I can help you more.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4867 posts
633 upvotes
reesefitzmaurice wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 2:13 am
nah bro, xfactorseo.com is pretty good!
Must be yours. It's clearly black hat and pretty much states it in their services. The same services you can get from Fiverr for $5 rather than $100-$200 per month.
Jan 16, 2017
284 posts
120 upvotes
baz5 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 12:36 pm
Must be yours. It's clearly black hat and pretty much states it in their services. The same services you can get from Fiverr for $5 rather than $100-$200 per month.
maybe you offer the same service for $1000-$2000+ per month

Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4867 posts
633 upvotes
reesefitzmaurice wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 1:05 pm
maybe you offer the same service for $1000-$2000+ per month

Face With Tears Of Joy
No, I don't offer crap. I have a conscience. Site gets penalized that's someone's business, that's on me. No thanks.
Jun 12, 2017
0 posts
1 upvote
xfactorseo might not be crap, but i doubt its all that good. Getting that many links, there probably not high quality. Your better off getting 1 real high quality link these days from like a newspaper or gov website or whatever, than getting thousands they promise.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9446 posts
556 upvotes
Muskoka
SEO isn't some magical secret, most of the methods are out there for anyone to read and learn, just takes time and effort. I am not an SEO expert, but I have taught myself some things, and helped two small businesses I worked for get their site top ranked. These are both local companies, and most of the competitors seemed pretty clueless about SEO, so maybe I just had easy pickings.

I can see it being worth it for a company with $1 Million + in revenues to spend $1-2k/month for someone knowledgeable to do this for them, but smaller companies can't afford this. Better for owner or GM to spend some time to learn it. That's what happened with me, I'm the GM, and marketing is about 15% of my time.
Jul 2, 2013
499 posts
123 upvotes
Aurora
baz5 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 11:37 pm
Question, you say you charge 1000-2000 per month but can you guarantee your clients the increase in sales to justify this cost?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4867 posts
633 upvotes
lehmanr wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 12:36 pm
Question, you say you charge 1000-2000 per month but can you guarantee your clients the increase in sales to justify this cost?
I don't guarantee anything. And anyone that does I would not trust. I can confidently say yes it will, as that's the whole point of the service, but I would never guarantee anything. I put in time, I pay people, and pay for certain services on a monthly basis. As confident as I am, Google changes so much and is unpredictable, you never know what's going to happen.
Mar 30, 2006
381 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
baz5 wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 1:30 pm

I don't guarantee anything. ItAnd anyone that does I would not trust. I can confidently say yes it will, as that's the whole point of the service, but I would never guarantee anything. I put in time, I pay people, and pay for certain services on a monthly basis. As confident as I am, Google changes so much and is unpredictable, you never know what's going to happen.
Seems like yiu you know what you are talking about.
I have been researching SEO for my local business.
What are your thoughts on upwork and Yoast?
Licensed Electrical Contractor
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4867 posts
633 upvotes
andr3y wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 10:41 pm
Seems like yiu you know what you are talking about.
I have been researching SEO for my local business.
What are your thoughts on upwork and Yoast?
Yoast is a good basic pluging for people new to SEO and online business. I don't really use it because I know what I want to do with my sites but it is very helpful from what I've seen.
Sites like Upwork, Freelancer, etc are okay depending on what you want done. I would use it for coding help, writing, stuff like that, though I don't use it as much anymore. The issues with these sites is you have to filter out the crap. And a lot of the workers are crap. You have to keep in mind some people have lower expectations than others, and some people for the price are happy with the work. I've used numerous workers with very high ratings and the work was absolute crap. And here they are with all these five star reviews. I just can't believe the quality of work from some of them. I used Upwork last winter to try and find a new writer and I just got absolute crap, so I wouldn't use Upwork again. Freelancer is pretty good but they really starting to nickel and dime you, I haven't used them in a while either.

Anyways in terms of using those sites for SEO it's pretty risky. I'm sure there are some good workers out there, but there are probably 10x as many that will mess your site up. Fiverr is another one. Some of these sites may give you some good results but there's a good chance you can get penalized because the work they do is against Google's terms. Another thing that can also happen is say they have a bunch of sites. So you pay them a couple hundred dollars. Well they put your link on all their sites and all the sudden your site jumps up a bit. You leave a great review. Well they eventually remove those links and your site falls back down. I see so much shady stuff even from top SEO firms. There are tools where you can kinda see what a firm has done for a company, see the links they've built, etc., and I am absolutely shocked by some of the stuff some of these firms do. And they do it to very large companies. It's a very risky business that you could easily permanently damage your site by doing the wrong things. That's why I will only hire people or use services that absolutely have no affect on a clients site. Like I'll hire a writer for example, or someone to help me with some design stuff, or custom wordpress plugin, etc. It doesn't affect anything towards Google. I would use those sites for things like that, but I wouldn't go looking for an "SEO expert" to try and save money.