Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 25, 2006
108 posts
8 upvotes

Looking for a seamstress

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a seamstress around scarborough/north york/ markham area who can alter dresses (for the wife) at a reasonable price and good quality? I tried Caroline in scarborough who is the Malaysian lady recommended on rfd but she is going on vacation soon. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
1 reply
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4188 posts
6412 upvotes
Ontario
Try the Quick Stitch places in malls. They do alterations and let's face it-some areas of dresses might require a lot of seam openings in order to alter a section then close it up.

At least you're not attempting waistbands on pants (yes, I've opened up the one on a purchased pair twice and there were hours involved to make the waistband smaller and closing it up again).

If the dresses are plain fabric and don't have beading/sequins/nap or other surface embellishments, they are likely easier to alter. Anything embellished or special occasion wear-time will be required to take them off or work carefully with the embellishments to get the required work done.
2019-roll out the gold carpet! Wins to date: a t-shirt, too many Spotify playlists (not claimed), $25 Indigo gc, $5 Starbucks e-gc