Tags:
None
Banned
Sep 13, 2014
403 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Looking for a sewer pump high volume submersible

I need to drain water from the sewer about 150 litres of so. So I just want to hook up the pump and just toss it in and let it pump away. There will be some sediments so it must be able to handle that without clogging up. How many kilowatts? Must not overheat so metal body is required
63 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
Timetobuychina wrote: I need to drain water from the sewer about 150 litres of so. So I just want to hook up the pump and just toss it in and let it pump away. There will be some sediments so it must be able to handle that without clogging up. How many kilowatts? Must not overheat so metal body is required
Doing this regularly or just once? Does it need to be fast?

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Banned
Sep 13, 2014
403 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
more than once and fast would be nice to cut time for it to pump all that water out.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2009
1995 posts
473 upvotes
Are you wanting to pump out the waste water from your septic tank? and then on to the ground?

If that is the case hire a vacuum truck and let them suck out the tank completely,

or if want to get a pump get a "red Lion" submersible sewage pump, they are all cast, and work well, available at most farm stores.
Jul 19, 2014
999 posts
199 upvotes
Snow Road Station, O…
Timetobuychina wrote: I need to drain water from the sewer about 150 litres of so. So I just want to hook up the pump and just toss it in and let it pump away. There will be some sediments so it must be able to handle that without clogging up. How many kilowatts? Must not overheat so metal body is required

That's 33 gal . is that per min ? per hour ? or total volume ? A little more information would help to be able to size a pump for your application.
What voltage and amperage is available ? Head ? specific discharge line size?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7534 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
Northofseven wrote: That's 33 gal . is that per min ? per hour ? or total volume ? A little more information would help to be able to size a pump for your application.
Whatever he can buy in china for the least amount of money will decide the rest of the specs.
Banned
Sep 13, 2014
403 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rotjong wrote: Are you wanting to pump out the waste water from your septic tank? and then on to the ground?

If that is the case hire a vacuum truck and let them suck out the tank completely,

or if want to get a pump get a "red Lion" submersible sewage pump, they are all cast, and work well, available at most farm stores.
Yes I need to pump out the waste water from the septic tank. Total. Plume is 33 gallons but there can be some ground water seepage as there is a crack in the tank. Will search the red lion brand.
Banned
Sep 13, 2014
403 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Northofseven wrote: That's 33 gal . is that per min ? per hour ? or total volume ? A little more information would help to be able to size a pump for your application.
110 or 220 volts are available and I have a 2 inch diameter flex hose to attach for discharge
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Drew_W wrote: Not available in Hong Kong, which is where the project is.
that makes it extra perfect, the OP claims to live in Canada, so he should have no trouble finding it :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
7000 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
Timetobuychina wrote: The pump specs seem acceptable but would prefer a cheaper price.
I'm sure you'll find something on the Chinese-made crap websites you always like to talk about.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Banned
Sep 13, 2014
403 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cwb27 wrote: I'm sure you'll find something on the Chinese-made crap websites you always like to talk about.
Can you please stop providing no value to my threads
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
7000 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
Timetobuychina wrote: Can you please stop providing no value to my threads
You've provided no value to RFD, so stop kidding yourself.

Here's some value, Princess Auto is about as cheap as you'll get and still have any amount of quality of product.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Banned
Sep 13, 2014
403 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cwb27 wrote: You've provided no value to RFD, so stop kidding yourself.

Here's some value, Princess Auto is about as cheap as you'll get and still have any amount of quality of product.
Well in my other threads I noted that cost is a priority for me. If it is dirt cheap I will buy it. If it is not I would consider what options I have. Wha is wrong with that?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
7000 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
Timetobuychina wrote: Well in my other threads I noted that cost is a priority for me. If it is dirt cheap I will buy it. If it is not I would consider what options I have. Wha is wrong with that?
If that's the way you feel, I hope you enjoy buying overpriced trash.
Banned
Sep 13, 2014
403 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cwb27 wrote: If that's the way you feel, I hope you enjoy buying overpriced trash.
If you look in rfd I am not the only one buying overpriced trash. Just go in the hot deals entry of overpriced trash according to you.