• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2014 5:12 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2014
6 posts
Toronto, ON

Looking for some business partners and/or investors

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some business partners and/or investors to promote the application products of my company http://www.ecomlogy.com
Our flagship apps are KChoose Decision - general Decision Support Tool that helps users Know how to Choose the best alternatives for any issue on any topic and avoid making bad decisions; KChoose Workout helping users track their progress of any workout and sport activities such as bodybuilding, cycling, cross-trainer exercise, jogging, golf playing, swimming, and so on; and KChoose.com - a secured, friendly and respectful social network where users can ask each other for good and up-to-date advice before making a decision.

For more information, please visit our website to view our products at http://www.ecomlogy.com/index.php/products and demo video clips at http://www.ecomlogy.com/index.php/solutions

If you are seriously interested in this partnership/investment, please contact me via this email address register2943[at]gmail.com (please replace the string "[at]" with the "@" sign) to discuss further.
I would also appreciate if you could forward this post to other people who may be interested in my business or give me some advice on how I can reach them or post this message on other proper places.

Thank you for your help.

Please note that this is a serious post to look for business partners and/or investors, not an advertisement of our products.
8 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
24972 posts
11256 upvotes
Ottawa
Have you tried kickstarter?
Jan 24, 2014
404 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Have you met with any angel investor groups?
[OP]
Sep 5, 2014
6 posts
Toronto, ON
bizcoach wrote:
Aug 10th, 2014 8:43 am
Have you met with any angel investor groups?
Thanks bizcoach for asking this question. My answer is "not yet". The reason is when I visit some websites about the angel investors, they advise that I should have a significant number of customers before contacting the angel investors so that they can be convinced and invest their money in my company. Currently, I face the common problem of a start-up company - the "chicken and egg" problem: In order to convince the investors to invest the money for my business, my products must be popular enough, i.e., there are many customers. But in order for my products to be popular enough, I need money to promote them, i.e., advertisement. Any further advice? Thanks.
Dec 10, 2009
64 posts
5 upvotes
Go watch dragon's den, shark tank. Cut your lost and move on, do something else. Unless you can show us your profit now. Marketing is not the solution to all startup's problem.
Jan 24, 2014
404 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
GibbJolz wrote:
Aug 14th, 2014 10:22 pm
Thanks bizcoach for asking this question. My answer is "not yet". The reason is when I visit some websites about the angel investors, they advise that I should have a significant number of customers before contacting the angel investors so that they can be convinced and invest their money in my company. Currently, I face the common problem of a start-up company - the "chicken and egg" problem: In order to convince the investors to invest the money for my business, my products must be popular enough, i.e., there are many customers. But in order for my products to be popular enough, I need money to promote them, i.e., advertisement. Any further advice? Thanks.
This is a common misconcpetion born out of TV shows.

The reality is that some angels invest in people, not necessarily the product or current sales. If you have a product that is great, then good for you but an angel wont buy in unless they value and like you and your potential.

Can you not promote your product in social media enough to generate some sales and collect market data and testimonials?

If your product solves a problem common in the populatuon, it should equate to enough value to want to be purchased. Does this value equate to profiability?

Is the business model sound?

Paul
May 28, 2013
68 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
I agree with bizcoach. You can get approach investors with a solid business plan or equivalent with solidly researched financial projections and still convince some to sign on. Angel investors are known for helping start ups, after all, and that includes those who have not yet begun trading if you have a strong enough presentation to convince them. The issue is that if you haven't yet begun trading and are relying upon such projections to do the convincing, there's a bigger risk to them and they'll likely seek a higher return on their investment.

You can also look into government funding. The Canadian government has new media funding, innovation funding, and general business funding programs that may be able to help out.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
680 upvotes
Shhanada
GibbJolz wrote:
Aug 5th, 2014 10:53 am
If you are seriously interested in this partnership/investment, please contact me via this email address (DISGUISED ADDRESS REMOVED)
GibbJolz wrote:
Aug 5th, 2014 10:53 am
Please note that this is a serious post to look for business partners and/or investors, not an advertisement of our products.
Call me skeptical, as you've created posts asking for advice, but yet they are packed with advertising for yourself.

You also seem to be solicitating money through a disguised email address, which (I think?) is against RFD rules.

Whether this is a scam or not it did cause me to check out your site and products. The company name is bad and the products don't seem that great. My suggestion would be less marketing/social manipulation and go back to the drawing board on the core company and products. When you have something good that people want, it will soar on merit.