Shopping Discussion

Looking for Sony E-Reader deal (PRS-505)

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2009 2:45 pm
Dec 25, 2003
16 posts

Looking for Sony E-Reader deal (PRS-505)

Hi,
I'm on the look for a decent deal on [rfdlink=108]Sony's[/rfdlink] PRS-505 Ebook reader. I missed the [rfdlink=55]Dell[/rfdlink] $200 deal a couple of weeks back (the downside of living on the West Coast), and am looking for something that would rival that. However, the best I can see at the moment is [rfdlink=108]Sony Style[/rfdlink]'s $50 boxing week coupon (Buy a $50 GC, get a $50 coupon for boxing week). Is that the best deal out there, or is there something better to be found?

Thanks!
13 replies
Dec 25, 2003
16 posts
Bump on the off chance that anyone can help me. If no one can after this bump then I will let it die.

Thanks!
Oct 3, 2006
491 posts
1 upvote
sonystyle GC are allout at most locations

even if you can find e-book reader in store
you'll be lucky
they are going crazy
I mean crazy

I was at sonystyle yesterday around 2pm
and the guy told me they sold 20 today

I was waiting just like you

but I just had to buy it for $299 + tax
it had only 4 left
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
This was going to be my big boxing day splurge, if I happened to see one on sale. I'd love to get one of these things. In the meanwhile, my TV crapped out and I just got the three red rings of death on my 360 today, so it's probably better that there do not appear to be any sales on it.
May 18, 2005
633 posts
122 upvotes
I would love to get one if it is on sale as well. But might just wait for dell to do it again maybe.
Apr 16, 2007
12 posts
NCIX is having a sale for $249... not a very good deal but just in case you need it right away.
Nov 30, 2006
924 posts
45 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks for NCIX pointer. Finally ordered. Yeah, it's just warm compared to dell $200, but free express shipping, free sony headphones, and one tax (because it is shipped from BC) certainly warm up the deal.

I wanted the thing for a year now so I had to pull the trigger...
Aug 26, 2004
503 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
I missed the Dell Days of Deals deal a while back but managed to get it with my Airmiles. Its not really a deal, but it was 'free'. Well free in the sense that it took me seven years to earn enough airmiles :)

There is an issue with the eConnect software with Vista64. Although you can copy files on to it directly, like you would a usb key, so no worries there.
Aug 13, 2005
89 posts
16 upvotes
Ottawa
Damn, must have missed the NCIX deal....seems to be back up to $299.

Free headphones are still offered though...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
My wife ended up getting me one of these for Christmas, and so far, I love it. I would have jumped all over the Dell deal, but I wasn't really in the market for one at the time. This will definitely help me catch up on my reading.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know where I can get some accessories for this in Canada? I am nervous about scratching the screen, plus the case that comes with it is pretty flimsy. Any help would be appreciated.
Dec 22, 2007
2 posts
I love my new Sony PRS-505 ebook reader. The battery lasts forever!
BTW there is a decent online converter for all those free books available out there.
Aug 13, 2005
89 posts
16 upvotes
Ottawa
Bump to see if anyone knows of any other half-decent deals out there...

Best I can find is Dell's regular price of $279. Anyone seen better?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)