None
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
3757 posts
399 upvotes
NORTH YORK
chenyia11 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 2:04 pm
I see. I am wondering if I should switch to Chatr now and wait for them to msg me the promo. I want that $20 plan.
Haha...Fido has finally discovered their little glitches. Basically my transfer ( from Chatr $20 local call ) has been changed for the better to Fido (Feature of portal shows unlimited CanadaWide Minutes). Fido has no advertised local calling plan at all. Somewhere in their computer it still shows that these were for local only even though in Fido.ca it is entirely different. I was charged for some roaming call last month. I called and emailed them the screenshot of my Features. They have reversed the charges. So I just have to be almost on the alert when I was out of GTA or calling the rest of Canada. It will be PITA in the future. Not much I can do
But honest to God, I hardly ever call out of the GTA. If I call the US (often), I use Hangout dialer. Back in the days of Chatr, I never made LD call at all.
If you want to go for the Chatr route, you need to wait for several months. YMMV
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan & $20 unlimited Can call
Jan 11, 2012
27 posts
1 upvote
NORTH YORK
danieltoronto wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 5:16 am
Haha...Fido has finally discovered their little glitches. Basically my transfer ( from Chatr $20 local call ) has been changed for the better to Fido (Feature of portal shows unlimited CanadaWide Minutes). Fido has no advertised local calling plan at all. Somewhere in their computer it still shows that these were for local only even though in Fido.ca it is entirely different. I was charged for some roaming call last month. I called and emailed them the screenshot of my Features. They have reversed the charges. So I just have to be almost on the alert when I was out of GTA or calling the rest of Canada. It will be PITA in the future. Not much I can do
But honest to God, I hardly ever call out of the GTA. If I call the US (often), I use Hangout dialer. Back in the days of Chatr, I never made LD call at all.
If you want to go for the Chatr route, you need to wait for several months. YMMV
I don't mind getting roaming call charged. It can't be that expensive if one only does so rarely. Would calling between Ottawa and GTA counts as local as it would be for Chatr's $20 plan?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
3757 posts
399 upvotes
NORTH YORK
chenyia11 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 10:38 pm
I don't mind getting roaming call charged. It can't be that expensive if one only does so rarely. Would calling between Ottawa and GTA counts as local as it would be for Chatr's $20 plan?
In my case, I think unless they correct something in their back office, I need to call in each time they charge me LD/roaming. But if you do not roam, you can always call out with Hangout dialer with your Fido LTE signal. LD should not apply to you
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan & $20 unlimited Can call
May 8, 2007
678 posts
133 upvotes
Re my post #29 where I said I got a new Fido deal $25/month unlimited talk and text Canada wide:

My friend who is also a long term Fido customer called in and was unable to get that deal. He took a $30 offer however, which saves him $5/month. He tried to BS the Fido rep that he was offered an unlimited Public Mobile plan for $25/month but I guess they knew the $25 PM plan is now gone and PM now has a similar plan for about $30.