Automotive

Looking for Wittness at Burnhamthorpe and Mavis for a Hit and Run on Friday May 18, 2018

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2018 10:30 am
Aug 23, 2017
62 posts
52 upvotes
Mississauga
Hi all,

Thank you so much for your message and heat discussion for my post!

I did file the report to Police after the accident with my father-in-law, who was still overwhelmed by the sudden crash. The police gave me a number and asked me to call my insurance so I did.
My insurance company, The Personal, told me that since it's a hit-and-run, we were automatically at no fault and it won't affect our premium. The insurance company will pay for all repair, however, we probably need to pay the deductible if the police can't find the hit-and-run driver.

The damage is really bad. I'll see if I can add the picture in my original post.
Aug 23, 2017
62 posts
52 upvotes
Mississauga
Just added the picture to the post. Can you imagine how fast the hit-and-run vehicle was? My father-in-law said he was driving around 10km/hr by then when he was suddenly got smashed in.
Aug 23, 2017
62 posts
52 upvotes
Mississauga
By the way, I don't know why so many people downvoted my posts. Was it because I originally posted on a wrong place? That's harsh!

However, I'm very thankful for the people who left messages and gave good suggestions. :)
Dec 4, 2016
269 posts
124 upvotes
Having been hit at that intersection before, I really hope you can find this driver!
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
How about you post this on that Johnston and Magwood Wheels and Tires facebook. I'm sure they'll be quick to respond.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke