Real Estate

Locked: Looks like the property used by Luckyinfil as crash example was used as a marijuana grow op so it was sold cheap?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2018 1:23 pm
[OP]
Jun 1, 2017
418 posts
361 upvotes

Looks like the property used by Luckyinfil as crash example was used as a marijuana grow op so it was sold cheap?

Luckyinfil did not doing any research before he/she posted the example or just hide the truth? Or he/she was too excited?

Someone can search any creep house online.

toronto-prices-continue-crash-back-2014-prices-2236395/
Share:
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
1621 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
neilsmith43 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 9:24 am
Luckyinfil did not doing any research before he/she posted the example or just hide the truth? Or he/she was too excited?

Someone can search any creep house online.

toronto-prices-continue-crash-back-2014-prices-2236395/
The Bigger Question is How much losses can you afford? The Market has only Seen Upward trend for Real Estate Market as long as I can Remember; So, its gone be tricky for lots of people when Real Estate Depreciates.

I know lot of People maximized their maximum affordability when they bought houses prior to 2017 before the new rules implementation; So, how severe this change in RE prices affect them?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1465 posts
383 upvotes
This really needed its own thread.
[OP]
Jun 1, 2017
418 posts
361 upvotes
Where is Luckyinfil? Explain please.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1645 posts
778 upvotes
Moon
Does it actually matter if it was used as a Marijuana grow op? As a buyer why should I care unless house has permanent damage as a result?
Banned
Nov 18, 2014
824 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Applesmack wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 12:59 pm
Does it actually matter if it was used as a Marijuana grow op? As a buyer why should I care unless house has permanent damage as a result?
If you look at the thread, the house was a grow op in 2003 and fully renovated since then. That’s a whole decade ago. They also point to that as why there has been no price increase from 2013 to 2018, while ignoring the fact that prices grew from 2003 to 2013.

The fact that these permabulls are still obsessing about that example shows how badly luckyinfil has gotten under their skin
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1006 posts
1015 upvotes
Applesmack wrote:
It may not matter much but it doesn't help that's for sure. I don't know that pocket of Scarborough at all but maybe there is more drugs in that area then others.
[OP]
Jun 1, 2017
418 posts
361 upvotes
Applesmack wrote:
it matters since the house might be damaged if it is used as Marijuana grow op and sometimes it is difficult to get mortgage. For most buyers, they will not buying it to avoid risk. Once it has bad record, even 10 years ago, people will avoid it if there are other choices. Just like a bad tenant with bad record, most landlords would avoid them and they are difficult to find a space. Face With Tears Of Joy