Real Estate

Losani Simply Grand Paris.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 1:17 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 11, 2017
13 posts
Any new updates? I have not heard anything from Losani on awhile. My closing is for Feb 2018 but I doubt that will happen. Any news would be appreciated thanks.
May 20, 2017
16 posts
I wonder if they are waiting to see if anyone is forced to back out because of the mortgage rules.
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
I think this is their plan now piss everybody even more so people say f it and they can re sell those lots at much higher price.
Oct 6, 2017
2 posts
Our closing date was for February 2018 but was recently moved to June 2018. We received the notice in October.
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
fishbowl39 wrote: Our closing date was for February 2018 but was recently moved to June 2018. We received the notice in October.
How many times did they moved your closing already? We were originally schedule for June 2017 then October 2018 now march 2018 but haven't received any notice yet and the i belive they have to give us 120 notice. But since this our 3rd delayed we can go to Tarion or they can offer us the compensation so maybe the 120 days does not apply?
Oct 6, 2017
2 posts
We’ve been moved twice already. Original closing date was October 2017, then pushed to Feb 2018, and now June 2018. We bought in the townhouse development, which is to be built after the detached I assume? Not sure about the 120 days after the third delay.. maybe there is something in the sales agreement?
May 20, 2017
16 posts
They had to give a minimum of 90 days notice for the first two delays. Now that we are on the 3rd, there is not a notification timeframe in the contract.
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
thanks for the info I thought it had to be 120 days and this was the case in last 2 delays. We have not yet received the 3rd and my understanding was that they have to advised us about the 3rd delay.
I am honestly feed up with this builder no communication canceled meetings all this running around. Now the pre approval again, I was told by my bank that u don't need to get pre approved every time the rate and rules go up or they move my closing date. I think they should show us that they are approved to build before asking me to prove I can buy.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2429 posts
403 upvotes
yyzaf1 wrote: I think this is their plan now piss everybody even more so people say f it and they can re sell those lots at much higher price.
Wouldn't be surprised. Cost of construction must have increased after all this time, so their profit margin based on all the old sales prices must be shrinking.
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
GSRee wrote: Wouldn't be surprised. Cost of construction must have increased after all this time, so their profit margin based on all the old sales prices must be shrinking.
I was wondering if they can come up with some excuse not go build now and show up again in 2 years selling lots again.
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
peplen wrote: They had to give a minimum of 90 days notice for the first two delays. Now that we are on the 3rd, there is not a notification timeframe in the contract.
So if my closing is march 1 2018 they can tell 10 days before that, sorry it will be late again? How do you prep yourself for that? I mean i need to sell my house so I can take possession of the new one and not carry 2 mortgages.
May 20, 2017
16 posts
yyzaf1 wrote: So if my closing is march 1 2018 they can tell 10 days before that, sorry it will be late again? How do you prep yourself for that? I mean i need to sell my house so I can take possession of the new one and not carry 2 mortgages.
The only thing left in the contract says they can set a Delayed Closing date that is up to 365 days from the Firm Closing Date. (Fall 2018 for us)
Nothing about having to give any reasonable notice.

We are stuck in the same boat. Need to sell our house but don’t want to end up homeless waiting for them to get their shit together.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2625 posts
1620 upvotes
Alliston, ON
You guys should read the Tarion delayed closing rules. After they have delayed you twice, they then have to give you the Firm closing date. If you can't move in by that date it then goes to the Outside closing date. That lasts for 365 days. During this time you are also entitled to the $150/ day to a max of $7500. During this time period you can also cancel your purchase agreement and get all your money back, with interest.

https://www.tarion.com/homeowners/makin ... osing-date
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
schade wrote: You guys should read the Tarion delayed closing rules. After they have delayed you twice, they then have to give you the Firm closing date. If you can't move in by that date it then goes to the Outside closing date. That lasts for 365 days. During this time you are also entitled to the $150/ day to a max of $7500. During this time period you can also cancel your purchase agreement and get all your money back, with interest.

https://www.tarion.com/homeowners/makin ... osing-date
We know that part already :) problem is that it looks like they have no obligation to tell us anuything after the 2nd delay that our so called Firm Closing is delayed. From 1st to 2nd to Firm is minimum 90 days but the Firm it says As soon as they are aware. That dosnt help if you need to sell your home.
Nov 21, 2017
7 posts
You guys are lucky you still have your homes. Prior to purchasing we asked numerous times if the Mile Hill delays were going to affect the building of their homes and they advised us each time we asked that there would be no delays due to the Mile Hill subdivision so we decided to purchase. We ended up selling our house back in October 2016 while the market was good and moved into my parent’s basement for what was supposed to be six months. One month into living with my parents we got our first delay notice. Three weeks later we received our second delay notice. In the New Year we then received our firm closing date which was then followed by another notice advising they did not know when our closing date would be. In June we received our outside closing date set for April 5, 2018 but seeing as how there has been no movement going on I don’t see us moving in anytime soon. We have been in touch with William Li of the Legal Department at Losani and the County of Brant and we have also been following the Committee Meetings, but no one is clear on what is actually going on and I think those in-camera meetings should be made public. I find it ridiculous that we, as purchasers who have put down a lot of money for a down payment, are being kept in the dark in every way possible and not getting any straight answers from anyone.
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
houseready wrote: You guys are lucky you still have your homes. Prior to purchasing we asked numerous times if the Mile Hill delays were going to affect the building of their homes and they advised us each time we asked that there would be no delays due to the Mile Hill subdivision so we decided to purchase. We ended up selling our house back in October 2016 while the market was good and moved into my parent’s basement for what was supposed to be six months. One month into living with my parents we got our first delay notice. Three weeks later we received our second delay notice. In the New Year we then received our firm closing date which was then followed by another notice advising they did not know when our closing date would be. In June we received our outside closing date set for April 5, 2018 but seeing as how there has been no movement going on I don’t see us moving in anytime soon. We have been in touch with William Li of the Legal Department at Losani and the County of Brant and we have also been following the Committee Meetings, but no one is clear on what is actually going on and I think those in-camera meetings should be made public. I find it ridiculous that we, as purchasers who have put down a lot of money for a down payment, are being kept in the dark in every way possible and not getting any straight answers from anyone.
Wow that sucks. We were schedule for July 2017 and I was planning to sell our house in March at peak of the bubble but didn't see any movement at the site and then got my first notice for Ovt and another for March. So yes I mad because I didn't sell at peak time but glad i am not homeless. I think the builder should have obligation to advise us at the time of purchase that they don't have necessary permits to build so we can make an inform decision. I actually asked if they were anticipating any delays as the original closing day wasn't ideal for us and i ws told everything was on sched amd no problems.
Nov 21, 2017
7 posts
I agree and that's exactly what they told us, but here we all are now. Although the lot numbers are now up and there was a hydro truck there today setting something up so maybe something will happen soon.
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
houseready wrote: I agree and that's exactly what they told us, but here we all are now. Although the lot numbers are now up and there was a hydro truck there today setting something up so maybe something will happen soon.
I was told that they will be building model homes now and waiting for the storm system to be approved by the province so they can issue occupancy permits the minute the approvals are in.
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
This weekend they are opening the sale of the lots again. Email shows 9 detached homes and 10 towns available. I was told last year that everything was sold out so I guess all these lots are from people that back out from the deal.
Average price is 100 -150K more compare to last year prices and prices of the premium lots double since last year.
I wonder what closing dates are they giving people now.
Last edited by yyzaf1 on Nov 24th, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)