• Dec 21st, 2017 3:09 pm
Tags:
Oct 4, 2011
142 posts
21 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL

Lost gift card options.

Hi,

I had bought Ca nadia Tire Gift cards. Left them in my car. Car was stolen. I called Canadian Tire not able to help because didn't have card number. Went to Shoppers Drugmart, they printed the receipt and kindly gave me the activation slip numbers for all the gift card. Call Shoppers Drugmart Gift Card people, clueless, don't understand what to do, very resistant to helping, asking for Gift card number, said they can't do anything with the receipts.

PC Assurance program does not cover gift card.

I want to get things sorted before the theif has time to use the gift card, but shoppers gift card department is very hands off with customer concern.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Azutrum wrote: Hi,

I had bought Ca nadia Tire Gift cards. Left them in my car. Car was stolen. I called Canadian Tire not able to help because didn't have card number. Went to Shoppers Drugmart, they printed the receipt and kindly gave me the activation slip numbers for all the gift card. Call Shoppers Drugmart Gift Card people, clueless, don't understand what to do, very resistant to helping, asking for Gift card number, said they can't do anything with the receipts.

PC Assurance program does not cover gift card.

I want to get things sorted before the theif has time to use the gift card, but shoppers gift card department is very hands off with customer concern.
Apparently you now have the number that can identify a Canadian tire gift card so why not phone CT to see if they have anything to work with now?

Short of that you may (but unlikely) be able to claim through your car or home insurance but you'd likely need the card numbers there.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Oct 7, 2009
764 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto
If thief uses the gift cards then the insurance company will have a chance to catch them as they have to go in store to use them. Not sure if insurance companies and Can Tire will work together to share their CCTV cams.. The thief can alternately sell them outside for lesser value.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber