Does it depend on the airline?
Jan 9th, 2019 10:18 am
Jan 9th, 2019 10:28 am
3 times lost, 3 times found. AC, UA, F9,
Jan 9th, 2019 10:40 am
Jan 9th, 2019 10:41 am
LOL !tequilla wrote: ↑Jan 9th, 2019 10:28 am3 times lost, 3 times found. AC, UA, F9,
A man comes to United registration counter and speaks to an agent:
-- I fly to Atlanta, please, send this luggage to Boston to my uncle,
this box to my cousin in Los-Angeles and this bag to my parents in Denver.
-- What? you fly Atlanta and want luggage sent to 3 other cities ?
-- Yes, why not? you did it last time even without me asking.....
Jan 9th, 2019 11:01 am
Jan 9th, 2019 11:55 am
Jan 9th, 2019 2:18 pm
There is some odds of getting it back.
Jan 9th, 2019 4:26 pm
Jan 9th, 2019 4:30 pm
Jan 9th, 2019 4:41 pm
Jan 9th, 2019 5:11 pm
Jan 9th, 2019 5:21 pm
Jan 9th, 2019 6:19 pm
TD First Class Travel Visa.
Jan 9th, 2019 7:05 pm
Jan 9th, 2019 7:52 pm
The voice of wisdom here. In addition to the above, I print up additional tags (attached with vinyl transparent pockets and loops) for each bag, showing all our flight numbers & dates, and email and cell phone numbers where we can be contacted during our trip. We have distinctive luggage that is easy to spot on the conveyor, and NEVER a black bag.PointsHubby wrote: ↑Jan 9th, 2019 4:26 pmBeen travelling by air for close to 40 years
Tototally lost / stollen = 0
Missing / Delayed = a handful
Usually the missing / delayed bags turn up in the 24 to 48 hour mark.
Often delivered to me wherever I am
Things I have learned as a result (the most important lesson in this thread)
* Arrive to the airport early. Check in / drop bags as soon as you can. The later you leave it, the more likely your bags won’t catch up with you on the plane
* Use common sense when you have to take a connecting flight. Although the airline says that X is enough time... know that the tighter the Arrival of A and Departure of B times are, the less likely your bags will catch up to you
* Plan / Pack everytime as if your bags will be delayed / lost
- Take Pics of your Luggage packed & ready to go... preferably when you drop them tagged by the airlines
- Don’t put valuables in your luggage (heavy stuff attracts thieves attention)
- Put all your absolute necessities (like Meds) in your carry on
- Mix & Mingle your packing ... ie Husband & Wife = 2 Suitcases / 1 each. But don’t put only your stuff in 1 Bag (also a good reason to think out your travel wardrobe to a few basic colours ... Mix & Match vs Outfits)
- Besides Meds & Valuables, add a few essentials to your carry on
(Change of Socks, Undies, Tshirt, Toothbrush... and a Bathing Suit if headed to the sun)