Pets

Lost my loved cat: Whitey (December 31, 2010)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2011 1:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
403 upvotes
GT&A
Dear Yao416,

There are many things about which OP has not posted.
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
I'll take 3 days ban if you can take a picture of your dead cat. If you can't, same goes to you.

Must tag your pic with "Whitey @ RFD" on a piece of paper.
hated on but respected.
Jul 6, 2008
241 posts
143 upvotes
100% OP's fault.

Cats don't know how to use crossing signals...and the neighbor has no idea how fast the truck was going without a speed gun.
OP has no one to blame but themselves. Hopefully OP isnt as irresponsible with the other cats!
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
119 upvotes
Sudbury
Whitney didn't look both ways
"What an emotionally wrecking of the stomach game"
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
Explains a lot; GWB lives alone with four three cats.

Whitey probably committed suicide after listening to years of conservative rhetoric from Fox news.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
yao416 wrote: I'll take 3 days ban if you can take a picture of your dead cat. If you can't, same goes to you.

Must tag your pic with "Whitey @ RFD" on a piece of paper.

That might be a bit too gruesome. How about...

The OP must post pictures of his all of his 4 cats individually as well as playing together. This way the OP can't just kill a Whitey lookalike cat and post it on RFD.
Jesus saves, I spend
Aug 1, 2010
3 posts
Mississauga
You can't trust letting your animals outside, there are even people that directly aim to run down animals these days when given the chance. I have watched people do it on more than one occasion for squirrels and a possum.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
ricebunny wrote: You can't trust letting your animals outside, there are even people that directly aim to run down animals these days when given the chance. I have watched people do it on more than one occasion for squirrels and a possum.

Maybe they swerved to try and avoid a pigeon?
Jesus saves, I spend
Aug 29, 2010
173 posts
5 upvotes
I'm sorry you lost your cat. No matter what the circumstances are, it is always hard to lose a beloved pet. It was a part of the family. I don't know how people can be cruel.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
403 upvotes
GT&A
cinnamontwist wrote: I'm sorry you lost your cat. No matter what the circumstances are, it is always hard to lose a beloved pet. It was a part of the family. I don't know how people can be cruel.

According to the usual trolls, it's OP's fault.

Let's not blame any speeder.

Imagine if your own child got hit. Yes, it's your fault 100%.

Only in Canada.
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
longitude wrote: According to the usual trolls, it's OP's fault.

Let's not blame any speeder.

Imagine if your own child got hit. Yes, it's your fault 100%.

Only in Canada.

This is a cat.

[IMG]http://www.solarnavigator.net/animal_ki ... _teeth.jpg[/IMG]

This is a child.

[IMG]http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/20131-nb ... _child.jpg[/IMG]

In the future, please refer to this post when in doubt which one is which.
Jesus saves, I spend
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry for your loss.

I have 2 cats and they never go outside. I'd leave the door wide open while I bring groceries and stuff in and they never step one foot outside. They just stand at the doorway and watch for a bit and turn back into the house.

I hate to say this but it seems like your grasping for straws in regards to your loss. Saying Whitey rarely cross the street...you can't predict what animals can or cannot do. Also saying it's a speeding vans fault isn't the answer.

I think you just need to face the fact that whitey is no in cat heaven. If your still up to itn go out and adopt another cat that wished it had a great owner that loved him/her. Maybe adopt 2.
Aug 30, 2008
106 posts
9 upvotes
Earth
longitude wrote: A child is run over by a car, a hit and run.

SUCK IT UP.

Huge difference between a child and a cat. Having lost both a child and pets, there is no comparison.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
3568 posts
35 upvotes
losing a cat is sad but comparing it to losing a child is only something a non parent (or virgin) would do.
shaka braddah!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
ricoboxing wrote: losing a cat is sad but comparing it to losing a child is only something a non parent (or virgin) would do.

That is just an ignorant comment. Pets become members of the family and just because they are animals doesn't mean they aren't loved. Don't diminish someone's grief by making comments like this.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
originalnutta wrote: But i've seen many cats die too early because they were outdoor cats. Some never come back and that's more frightening to me. It should be law to have all cats remain indoors.

I had an outdoor cat growing up who died at 19.5 yrs old from old age. He crossed the street all the time (suburban neighbourhood) and always looked both ways (he was the smartest cat ever). He was also definitely a member of the family, traveled all over with us. I was 4 when we got him and my sister was 2. We grew up with him.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2003
3198 posts
62 upvotes
Kitchener - Waterloo
I have talked over with some friends, and after some looking into, it is also possible he might have been run over by a neighbour's car in their driveway. Whitey had the tendency to sit underneath our car in the driveway, and it is possible he was under their car, and was caught by surprise. His damage physically is not gruesome, but one of his eyes was slightly bulging out, other that that a little blood near the nose, and one of the ears. The probability of this happening is higher than the probability of him crossing the street at the same time a speeding truck was on the street while the neighbour seeing it through the window (who informed me about the incident). Still, it does not lessen the tragedy, but I think I may be seeing the overall picture as to the most plausible cause for his death.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
403 upvotes
GT&A
Be strong my friend
11b guide
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
Cheap Cat wrote: That is just an ignorant comment. Pets become members of the family and just because they are animals doesn't mean they aren't loved. Don't diminish someone's grief by making comments like this.

Hypothetical question: Would you kill a baby to save one of your cats?
Jesus saves, I spend
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
George W. Bush wrote: I have talked over with some friends, and after some looking into, it is also possible he might have been run over by a neighbour's car in their driveway. Whitey had the tendency to sit underneath our car in the driveway, and it is possible he was under their car, and was caught by surprise. His damage physically is not gruesome, but one of his eyes was slightly bulging out, other that that a little blood near the nose, and one of the ears. The probability of this happening is higher than the probability of him crossing the street at the same time a speeding truck was on the street while the neighbour seeing it through the window (who informed me about the incident). Still, it does not lessen the tragedy, but I think I may be seeing the overall picture as to the most plausible cause for his death.

You would make the worst detective in the whole world.
Jesus saves, I spend