• Sep 25th, 2015 3:48 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 31, 2006
533 posts
117 upvotes

Lost Suit Pants - What to do?

Anyone have any recommendations on what to do if you lose your suit pants? Bought a Ralph Lauren suit from the Bay last year, wore it twice and during my move I must have misplaced the pants.

I know I can turn the coat into a sport coat by maybe getting some elbow patches or something but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

Bay doesn't carry the suit anymore.

Any possibility Indochino could make something to match?
3 replies
Nov 3, 2013
21 posts
2 upvotes
Unless you can find pants with the exact same colour and texture, I would say just cut your losses and turn it into a sport coat (if it's not too formal looking). Matching a suit jacket with a pair of pants that sort of matches but doesn't match exactly is pretty noticeable
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
johnny7sunami wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2015 6:39 pm
Unless you can find pants with the exact same colour and texture, I would say just cut your losses and turn it into a sport coat (if it's not too formal looking). Matching a suit jacket with a pair of pants that sort of matches but doesn't match exactly is pretty noticeable
+1, it would have to be a super-close match, which is virtually impossible. Even if there is a small difference, it will undoubtedly be lame-looking. This can even occur if you dry clean the coat more than the pants because they will gradually change in appearance do the cleaning.

If it's a black sport coat, just give up on the idea as it's next to impossible to match.

This video should be pretty informative for you:

Actually I think a lot of questions in this forum would be answered extremely well, with massive increases in fashion knowledge, by marathoning Antonio Centano's videos.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?