Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Lou Lou SPC Card with Subscription...

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2013 4:18 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 11, 2008
186 posts
15 upvotes

[Rogers] Lou Lou SPC Card with Subscription...

Just got this email stating that you get a free SPC card with Lou Lou magazine subscription ($14.95/yr):

https://secure.louloumagazine.com/pubs/ ... =Q37ACSKWP

Can't tell from the pic, but it does have "LouLou" on the bottom right corner of the card. If this is the same as the VIP card they used to have a couple years ago, this is great for those of us that are no longer students.

Also, there's a link to get the subscription for $1/month for Rogers customers. Can't tell if you'd get the SPC card if you pay through Rogers though.
6 replies
[OP]
Sep 11, 2008
186 posts
15 upvotes
Madchester wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2013 2:22 pm
Store list: http://www.spccard.ca/store-Locator-Full.aspx

If you read the fine print, you still need a student ID paired with your Loulou SPC card. This isn't like the old VIP card.
There's also this in the fine print link you posted:
"For card holder only; valid student ID may be required (except VIP). "

So I'm wondering if the VIP card is back this year?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6066 posts
1218 upvotes
supercanadian1 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2013 2:31 pm
There's also this in the fine print link you posted:
"For card holder only; valid student ID may be required (except VIP). "

So I'm wondering if the VIP card is back this year?
They gave away one (1) VIP SPC card in a draw last yr (or the yr before) on Facebook - to throw a bone at everyone complaining about the LouLou VIP offer being discontinued.

I don't get why a student would order a LouLou subscription to get a SPC card... when they can just order a card and get a GC instead.
[OP]
Sep 11, 2008
186 posts
15 upvotes
Madchester wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2013 2:36 pm
They gave away one (1) VIP SPC card in a draw last yr (or the yr before) on Facebook - to throw a bone at everyone complaining about the LouLou VIP offer being discontinued.

I don't get why a student would order a LouLou subscription to get a SPC card... when they can just order a card and get a GC instead.
I don't get that either. I know way back, SPC cards used to be sold through elementary and high schools as fundraiser items. Do they still allow parents to use the SPC card if a school-aged kid is with them?
Feb 18, 2013
459 posts
607 upvotes
Madchester wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2013 2:36 pm
Because the "gift card" is more of a coupon, and a pretty garbage one at that. Considering you pay $11 (shipping in) for one of these, or an extra $4 for a magazine subscription, I know I'd rather do the LouLou offer.

× < >