• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2017 10:26 am
[OP]
Feb 22, 2016
779 posts
395 upvotes
sandeeS wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 11:14 am
unfair comparison. But yes any employee bringing disrepute to company and bad behavior in public or Facebook post can be punished. and/or fired.
In your case he is "caught dealing drugs" so he is gone in instance and also in jail.

OK so the employee goes to jail, gets a criminal record, and is fired. Yes. But does that also mean Rogers (who owns the chain and is leasing the storefront) and/or Oxford (who owns the mall which has the Rogers store in it) face penalties too?

In the case of LVMH, it seems rather than go after the individuals or whoever is leasing the storefront (likely same people) they're going after the "mall owner".

It really puts mall owners in a bad place. Only high end places like Yorkdale can afford to turn down shady retailing like counterfeit purse distributors. Smaller places and flea markets can't afford to have a vacancy which isn't making them any rent money.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2950 posts
186 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 1:17 pm
OK so the employee goes to jail, gets a criminal record, and is fired. Yes. But does that also mean Rogers (who owns the chain and is leasing the storefront) and/or Oxford (who owns the mall which has the Rogers store in it) face penalties too?

In the case of LVMH, it seems rather than go after the individuals or whoever is leasing the storefront (likely same people) they're going after the "mall owner".

It really puts mall owners in a bad place. Only high end places like Yorkdale can afford to turn down shady retailing like counterfeit purse distributors. Smaller places and flea markets can't afford to have a vacancy which isn't making them any rent money.
If Rogers knew it and ignored the warnings by other employees or opposition lawyers then yes. They should be held accountable.

"Only high end places like Yorkdale can afford to turn down shady retailing like counterfeit purse distributors." You can not argue like that. You know its flea market so there will be some counterfeits. Its their job to make sure no such items are sold. I would add pacific mall owners also to such responsibility.
I don't think the Chinese or Indian origin played role in this. But you never know.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2511 posts
576 upvotes
Mississauga
UrbanPoet wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 6:12 pm
No counterfeit goods? That'll decimate the flea market industry :(
QFT
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2950 posts
186 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Then face the lawsuits. This will be interesting case. I wish there should be more such lawsuits.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1508 posts
193 upvotes
Markham
UrbanPoet wrote:
No kidding, I went to that place once and will never go back. I was in and out of there in 20 mins. Not my kind of place. How do you spell 'dump'
Jan 4, 2013
317 posts
59 upvotes
TORONTO
There are a lot of faked shops in Brampton and north Mississauga
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
May 1st, 2017 8:05 am
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/tor ... e34815214/
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/l ... -1.4092830

I do find it interesting LVMH is going after 2 primarily South Asian flea markets but is NOT going after Pacific Mall. They don't want to upset the Chinese but Indians are fair game? Follow the money...
[OP]
Feb 22, 2016
779 posts
395 upvotes
PCUSER wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 7:17 pm
No kidding, I went to that place once and will never go back. I was in and out of there in 20 mins. Not my kind of place. How do you spell 'dump'
Same reason why I haven't been to the CNE in years. I don't want to pay $15 admission to be pitched the same Chinese garbage I can find at a flea market....
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36673 posts
2540 upvotes
Toronto
mrweather wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 6:28 pm
QFT
sandeeS wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 6:46 pm
Then face the lawsuits. This will be interesting case. I wish there should be more such lawsuits.
PCUSER wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 7:17 pm
Its also a great place to find coconut hair butter and ethnic hair supplies. Really! I know a guy who makes a killing with his wife selling home made organic coconut hair butter. She'll even braid up your hair for a good price. But he said his wife don't make much off that since its kinda outta style.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8307 posts
1797 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
May 1st, 2017 2:53 pm
So using my Rogers store example, if a Rogers employee is caught dealing drugs in the Yorkdale parking lot or food court, Oxford Properties should be punished?
If its a one off instance, then probably not. Though they may get bad press anyways. If it is consistent, like it is in flea markets in the article, then by all means they should be held accountable too.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1335 posts
87 upvotes
LV should made it easier for Canadians to buy their mercy instead of going sue-happy in our country. Last I checked, they don't even have stores in Canada.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4860 posts
735 upvotes
tinlun wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 2:49 pm
LV should made it easier for Canadians to buy their mercy instead of going sue-happy in our country. Last I checked, they don't even have stores in Canada.
? What are you talking about? There are at least 3 stores alone in Toronto. And more in Vancouver, Montreal. And they do online shipping now.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7509 posts
1296 upvotes
Redsanta wrote:
May 1st, 2017 2:58 pm
You dont anger the chinese overlordzJapanese Ogre
Wrong smiley face. That's a japanese ogre
Feb 22, 2009
102 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 1:17 pm

LOL. you really need to educate your self on commercial real estate to make a bold statement like that.