Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
1101 posts
302 upvotes
ontario
i once had low coolant level on my 03 silverado

took it into a shop for a wheel alignment one day and was told the water pump was leaking
they wanted $500 to fix it
i found the water pump online for $230 shipped and another $120 for someone to install it :)
Deal Addict
May 16, 2006
4308 posts
597 upvotes
Thanks for the reply's.

I added more coolant. I haven't got the error and the warning on the dash LCD is gone. :D
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2698 posts
80 upvotes
Etobicoke
CatDog wrote: For sure. I'll have to go to a mechanic for that. Can anyone recommend an independent for the Mississauga area?

europina motors in sauga near centennial park. he does good work i know him personally
1885 Sismet rd. unit 6
mississauga, ON
L4W1W8
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3678 posts
820 upvotes
CatDog wrote: Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to fill it up later today and see what happens.

T-Bone / Engi-Nir have you had any issues with your Malibu's?

Have you changed spark plugs, tranny fluid, etc?

Issues, not really, minor crap..so far so good. (after warranty, nothing, other than a leaking front axle - could be my parents driving on top of anything)...it only has about 130k km on it now, 9yrs+ now.

Changed the sparks at 100k, back plugs were a pain, doing it in winter didn't help haha. Had tranny and coolant flushed, had the water pump changed, and drive belt.. water pump cause dealership said $250 brand new installed (still not sure how they got that pricing, but it was a GM dealership), so I said sure. Brakes/rotors changed on all sides, front I did 2x, cause freakn' cdn tire did something to my fronts!! they changed winter tires, brake was shits after, c'est la vie.

The car is fully loaded model, and so far, everything works, even the remote starter, heated seats, etc haha ...fingers crossed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)