Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1241 posts
620 upvotes
The 6ix

Low voltage lighting for landscape

I'm looking to run some low voltage lighting in my backyard. Where can I find a good supplier around the Hamilton GTA area. An online supplier is fine also
5 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13375 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
vr_nguyen wrote: I'm looking to run some low voltage lighting in my backyard. Where can I find a good supplier around the Hamilton GTA area. An online supplier is fine also
Don't know if You're open to it but Amazon.ca or Aliexpress has some really cheap low voltage lighting. Between myself and a buddy of mine we've played with a few and they are surprisingly well made. Metal bodies monolithic die LEDs. Between $5-10 a unit.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1164 posts
442 upvotes
Mississauga
The two top high quality led low voltage landscape lighting companies in my opinion would be Kichler and Hinkley and the pricing would range in the thousands for say a 6 light system materials only. I found a very high quality company that compares in quality to them but at a fraction of the cost and this is what I bought about 5 years ago and have no complaints at all.

http://www.landscapelightingworld.com/

I purchased about 10 (various) fixtures with the transformer and wiring and it came to about $1000.00 US. All led and all high quality. I tried other brands in the past including solar and nothing compared.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1241 posts
620 upvotes
The 6ix
MyDream1 wrote: The two top high quality led low voltage landscape lighting companies in my opinion would be Kichler and Hinkley and the pricing would range in the thousands for say a 6 light system materials only. I found a very high quality company that compares in quality to them but at a fraction of the cost and this is what I bought about 5 years ago and have no complaints at all.

http://www.landscapelightingworld.com/

I purchased about 10 (various) fixtures with the transformer and wiring and it came to about $1000.00 US. All led and all high quality. I tried other brands in the past including solar and nothing compared.
How was shipping with these guys? Were you hit up with any additional charges?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1164 posts
442 upvotes
Mississauga
vr_nguyen wrote: How was shipping with these guys? Were you hit up with any additional charges?
I had it shipped to a friend in Niagara Falls NY so there was no tax or shipping charges. My wife, daughter and I stayed the weekend in Niagara Falls NY to visit friends so there was no Canadian taxes/duties etc as we were well under the allowable exemptions. The transformer I purchased had two zones in it with variable voltage so I could more than double the fixtures I presently have, I presently use only one zone as the second zone is for my future backyard reno.