• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2019 10:22 pm
[OP]
Mar 30, 2005
140 posts
28 upvotes
Bowmanville

[Lowe's] $129 Schlage Camelot Connect Deadbolt Aged Bronze

Just noticed these are clearance at Lowe’s. Only Aged Bronze colour. They usually are atleast $200 elsewhere (including amazon).

Have one for over a year. Works well with SmartThings. Pretty solid overall. Just bought another for the cottage.

Combine with Ebates and the Air Miles Mega Miles.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Mar 24th, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed retailer in title
70 replies
Sep 27, 2005
731 posts
89 upvotes
Worth mentioning a new version of this with zwave plus was released a couple weeks ago. I grabbed that one for $250 off Amazon.ca

This one is still a great deal, but is the older version afaik
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1530 posts
834 upvotes
Kitchener
mr_saturn wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 8:08 am
Worth mentioning a new version of this with zwave plus was released a couple weeks ago. I grabbed that one for $250 off Amazon.ca

This one is still a great deal, but is the older version afaik
Pretty sure this one has zwave as well, but this one does not work with the schlage wifi module.

The last gen had zwave as well.

Edit. Just realized you said zwave plus. So yes this does not have that. You are correct. My mistake.
Oct 6, 2018
150 posts
104 upvotes
hicksticks wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 7:14 am
Have one for over a year. Works well with SmartThings. Pretty solid overall. Just bought another for the cottage.
Any issues with it in the winter time? Reviews say it gets stuck in the cold.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2477 posts
1917 upvotes
Oakville
Chipppy wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 10:55 am
Had it for 3 years and no issue so far in Ontario
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4236 posts
623 upvotes
Chipppy wrote:
I've has this installed over winter. In extreme cold situations, the touchscreen would randomly activate. It was as if there was someone pressing one of the random number pads, and then a few seconds later it would give the long beep after timing out from the initial activation. This behaviour would only happen in extreme cold (lower than -25 - -30C), and it took me a while to figure out what was happening. I eventually stood right beside the door and would hear the initial "keypress" and then the timeout beep after a few seconds.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
1980 posts
90 upvotes
Calgary
Good price for a smart lock.
A quick question, what makes the touchscreen better than actual buttons?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6696 posts
1255 upvotes
Mont-Royal
renhui wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 2:23 pm
Good price for a smart lock.
A quick question, what makes the touchscreen better than actual buttons?
fingerprints. allow thieves to make their job easier.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2491 posts
474 upvotes
joshmxpx wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 1:37 pm
I've has this installed over winter. In extreme cold situations, the touchscreen would randomly activate. It was as if there was someone pressing one of the random number pads, and then a few seconds later it would give the long beep after timing out from the initial activation. This behaviour would only happen in extreme cold (lower than -25 - -30C), and it took me a while to figure out what was happening. I eventually stood right beside the door and would hear the initial "keypress" and then the timeout beep after a few seconds.
Are you using alkaline batteries? It's probably happening because the extreme cold is dropping the battery voltage and the electronics aren't getting enough juice to function properly. I bet if you switch to Energize Lithium the problem will go away.
Aug 26, 2008
315 posts
89 upvotes
Calgary, AB
shutterbug wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 2:59 pm
Are you using alkaline batteries? It's probably happening because the extreme cold is dropping the battery voltage and the electronics aren't getting enough juice to function properly. I bet if you switch to Energize Lithium the problem will go away.
I'm pretty sure this model features battery installed in on the internal side. Temp drop is not that significant on the door inside.
I experience temp-related problems with Schalge BE365, and the reason is frozen condensation on the delicate lock internals.
Sounds like in Connect model ice shortens buttons' circuits instead.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1382 posts
117 upvotes
I’ve had this ( in satin) installed since Jan in Alberta, no issues with the cold, and it’s a textured keypad so not sure if you can see finger prints. I have it connected to SmartThings, but don’t really use the smart part as only value I see from SmartThings is, seeing battery life and checking that we locked the door at night. But I’m quite happy with it

Cheers
Nov 29, 2015
154 posts
84 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Chipppy wrote:
I've never had issues with the cold in Ontario.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1038 posts
364 upvotes
T Dot
Wish the deal is also in satin nickel color. Great deal
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28826 posts
14630 upvotes
Ottawa
L4cky wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 2:28 pm
I'm pretty sure a theif will simply kick the door in...
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4236 posts
623 upvotes
L4cky wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 2:28 pm
vkizzle wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 4:01 pm
I'm pretty sure a theif will simply kick the door in...
+1, lol to anyone that thinks thieves go around looking at keypads for fingerprints...