Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

12mm Kronotex AC5 wide plank laminate $2.24psf made in Germany + scratch and save

Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
6150 posts
10803 upvotes
Canada

[Lowe's] 12mm Kronotex AC5 wide plank laminate $2.24psf made in Germany + scratch and save

If you have any type of business you can get a contractor cash account with Lowe's and get an additional 5% off. I got one as a realtor. Or you can order as close to $100 at a time as possible online and get $15 off multiple times. Did this with subfloor on the website last time scratch and save was on and saved several hundred dollars.

We ordered over 800 sqft, the embossing and detail is the best in Lowe's and it has one of the very highest wear ratings. Made in Germany and Kronotex AC5 MSRPs for $4.20 psf at flooring stores. There are a few options, some are only AC4.
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 8th, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer edit
27 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2011
1171 posts
470 upvotes
Very nice floor installed some last year and would definitely recommend. I got lucky last year with the Canada 150 sale and got it for 1.49$/ sqft so it does go lower sometimes... just ordered 600 sq ft for a family member, ordered online and a banner with an extra 75$ off appeared... paid for delivery.
May 28, 2017
121 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
I got the timeless oak back in December and can vouch it is of very nice quality on the surface.
Be aware that installation can be a bit tricky and you need to get used to the installation method or the locking parts could break or chip off at the wrong angles.
Once installed, it's solid though.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2326 posts
685 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
Would this be decent for basement flooring for kids to play on ?
May 5, 2009
617 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
I installed some of this flooring in a room and had mdf moulding acclimating in the room. The mdf slid around slightly as I was picking them up and it scratched the flooring. Definitely questionable rating on this. Wouldn't recommend in a play room.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2004
1260 posts
462 upvotes
I put this down a couple of years ago. I put this down instead of hardwood because I have a big boxer who runs around and slides across the floor. After 2 years it still looks new so it does not scratch very easily. Mine is AC5 . It is by far the best floor I have ever installed.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
Costco in-store sells Golden Select Design for $1.839/ sq.ft also made in Germany, 15mm thick. Did anybody use it? any other recommendations?
My contractor tries to convince me using Dream Living laminate and underlaments, most likely MIC.
Any recommendation re: underlayments to may the floors warmer?
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7614 upvotes
ON
VancityAcura wrote: I installed some of this flooring in a room and had mdf moulding acclimating in the room. The mdf slid around slightly as I was picking them up and it scratched the flooring. Definitely questionable rating on this. Wouldn't recommend in a play room.
If there was sand/hard debris or staples under the MDF then if could see that happening, but MDF alone scratching the floor ??? The top coat must be soft as butter.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
6150 posts
10803 upvotes
Canada
dilligafeh wrote: If there was sand/hard debris or staples under the MDF then if could see that happening, but MDF alone scratching the floor ??? The top coat must be soft as butter.
It's not, it's AC5. Home Depot doesn't even sell anything with a rating that high.

I have 58 boxes in my house right now and it is tough as nails, I can't scratch it.

Not sure what happened with this guy.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
Lexi wrote: Costco in-store sells Golden Select Design for $1.839/ sq.ft also made in Germany, 15mm thick. Did anybody use it? any other recommendations?
My contractor tries to convince me using Dream Living laminate and underlaments, most likely MIC.
Any recommendation re: underlayments to may the floors warmer?
I 10000% recommend this flooring. It's 15mm with a built in underlayment. The literal sole downside is the lack of selection. But they have one dark, one average and one light at the one near mean, one of which being a wider 7 1/2" plank. I'm thrilled with what we just installed.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
LawEightSix wrote: I 10000% recommend this flooring. It's 15mm with a built in underlayment. The literal sole downside is the lack of selection. But they have one dark, one average and one light at the one near mean, one of which being a wider 7 1/2" plank. I'm thrilled with what we just installed.
Sorry, do you refer to Costco or the one OP mentioned?
Did you use vapour barrier, or no any kind of underlayment at all?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
Lexi wrote: Sorry, do you refer to Costco or the one OP mentioned?
Sorry, costco stuff. I put it in my basement and installed it over Dricore panels with no additional underlayment.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7614 upvotes
ON
LawEightSix wrote: Sorry, costco stuff. I put it in my basement and installed it over Dricore panels with no additional underlayment.
Don't they come with the padding already glued on the planks ?
Nov 13, 2007
533 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
Lexi wrote: Sorry, do you refer to Costco or the one OP mentioned?
Back in 2010i installed some laminate flooring (from Costco 12mm was the thickest at the time, pre laminated with foam underlayment) in my basement.

Previous owners had already finished the basement.
Original owner had layed down linoleum tiles directly over the concrete. And the previous owner put carpet over that.

I ripped that all out to expose concrete, layed down landscaping fabric (youll see why in a minute), then over that layed down Delta MS (exterior foundation membrane, Delta FS was too cost prohibiting). Then the usual roll of flooring foam, and finally the laminate flooring.

The lansdscaping fabric was used as a contact deadener between the Delta MS and the concrete. If you walk over delta MS or Delta FL and theres a small gap between the peak and the concrete, then youll hear a "clicking" sound when the peak hits the concrete. Sorta like tap dancing shoes only less prominent. The landscaping fabric greatly helps reduce that. Over time the flooring will settle and youll most likely wont hear it anymore provided the concrete is level everywhere.

Laminate floor
Flooring foam
DELTA MS
Landscaping fabric
Concrete

But you will need a vapor barier of some sort. MDF absorbs moisture like nobodies business. Itll cause swelling in your planks if not.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
LawEightSix wrote: Sorry, costco stuff. I put it in my basement and installed it over Dricore panels with no additional underlayment.
thank you. where did you buy drycore, HD? Is it worth that? I was considering just vapour barrier and then laminate with cushion from costco...
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
dilligafeh wrote: Don't they come with the padding already glued on the planks ?
Yes, it has the underlayment built in. That's what I meant when I said no additional underlayment used. It's great stuff
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
Lexi wrote: thank you. where did you buy drycore, HD? Is it worth that? I was considering just vapour barrier and then laminate with cushion from costco...
Dricore at HD, yes. In my opinion, it's absolutely worth it. Depends on the person I guess, but I wouldn't do a basement floor without it anymore.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
LawEightSix wrote: Dricore at HD, yes. In my opinion, it's absolutely worth it. Depends on the person I guess, but I wouldn't do a basement floor without it anymore.
does it ever go on sale is it difficult to install?
May 5, 2009
617 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
dilligafeh wrote: If there was sand/hard debris or staples under the MDF then if could see that happening, but MDF alone scratching the floor ??? The top coat must be soft as butter.
Brand new mdf painted and acclimating on freshly installed laminate. Made sure it was clean before laying on floor.
May 5, 2009
617 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
Blubbs wrote: It's not, it's AC5. Home Depot doesn't even sell anything with a rating that high.

I have 58 boxes in my house right now and it is tough as nails, I can't scratch it.

Not sure what happened with this guy.
Not deep scratches but top coating is definitely scratched. Might be a bad batch, who knows, just sharing my experience with Kronotex.
Isn't AC rating done by whoever is making the product? Can't imagine there being a governing body on AC rating like there is on our maple syrup lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)