Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] $25 Gift cards for first 67 customers on Saturday Jan 26 & Sunday Jan27

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2019 11:56 am
Nov 28, 2010
63 posts
43 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
What time would be suggested to get there for 7am opening?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1803 posts
1204 upvotes
Genki21 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 11:19 am
What time would be suggested to get there for 7am opening?
Right now ...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
5886 posts
1867 upvotes
Went to Maple ON - got there approx 6:25 - wife and I were 9th and 10th in line. By 7 am there were over 67 people in line - and those at the very end of the line were SOL.
Kudos to the store staff who opened the exterior doors and let people line up in the foyer where they keep the shopping carts. The line was orderly and when they opened, they had the double glass sliding doors open about 2 ft apart so only one person could get through at a time.
Aug 26, 2018
319 posts
425 upvotes
Smart RFDers went radio silent without bumping this thread for a few days as the weekend approached. Nobody wants competition. Anyway, I got mine now so it's all good.

Another term that wasn't mentioned was the minimum $25 spend. But I think if you buy $25, it's basically free except maybe tax.

Perhaps you can go again on Sunday so you'd get 2 gift cards (or just 1 if you missed Saturday, haha suckers). They hand them out at the door as you walk in.
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
12766 posts
773 upvotes
Toronto
fattyburger11 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 7:47 am
Smart RFDers went radio silent without bumping this thread for a few days as the weekend approached. Nobody wants competition. Anyway, I got mine now so it's all good.
Winking Face

Hardy anyone at my location. Could of just showed up at opening.
Oct 8, 2015
526 posts
244 upvotes
I was searching over the flyer for 5min and then realized it’s not Loblaw’s..
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4716 posts
920 upvotes
London
belfour wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 8:03 am
Winking Face

Hardy anyone at my location. Could of just showed up at opening.
Same. It’s way too cold for people to be lining up early for just $25. I even had time to go to a second store because the first one didn’t have what I was looking for in stock and got a second card 1 hour after opening.
Jun 18, 2017
43 posts
24 upvotes
Wow some people have no shame. Family Infront of me brought everyone. Mom, dad, grandpa, grandma and 4 kids under 12. The Lowe’s lady handed the cards to the adults and the kids just stood there holding up the line with their hands outstretched waiting for a card. She reluctantly gave them cards to get the line moving. Then the whole family made a bee line out the door and saw them loop back to enter again. Luckily they ran out of cards. But wow.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3056 posts
2224 upvotes
The NORTH
-35'C with the wind chill here, not worth lining up for $25...
Aug 18, 2017
184 posts
257 upvotes
Homer001 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 9:18 am
Wow some people have no shame. Family Infront of me brought everyone. Mom, dad, grandpa, grandma and 4 kids under 12. The Lowe’s lady handed the cards to the adults and the kids just stood there holding up the line with their hands outstretched waiting for a card. She reluctantly gave them cards to get the line moving. Then the whole family made a bee line out the door and saw them loop back to enter again. Luckily they ran out of cards. But wow.
I bet they will be there again tomorrow morning. Some people are just way too greedy and selfish.
Jul 4, 2013
219 posts
58 upvotes
Homer001 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 9:18 am
What location?
May 7, 2017
103 posts
154 upvotes
I went on Boxing Day to Lowe’s and pet smart for their gift cards - brought the kids and got a total of $250! (Some petsmart cards were worth $50.)

Of course the kids took all the petsmart gift cards and promptly spent them....

Warning about the Lowe’s gift cards - if they don’t have a bar code it may be a hassle to use them, but usually there’s a manager around to tell the clerk how to process them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7965 posts
463 upvotes
Toronto
I blame Lowe's for this as they should have controls in place to stop this from happening. A printed rule should state adults only and or only one per family and one per location per day. Yes rules will still be abused but you need some guidelines. Come on Lowes, is this your 1st day doing promotions ever?

Polymertank wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 10:01 am
I bet they will be there again tomorrow morning. Some people are just way too greedy and selfish.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1803 posts
1204 upvotes
kr0zet wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 9:35 am
-35'C with the wind chill here, not worth lining up for $25...
Ya no kidding ...
... as well as missing an opportunity to sleep in, or as much as the kids let us ... be a while different story if it was summer time.