Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] $25 Gift cards for first 67 customers on Saturday Jan 26 & Sunday Jan27

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2019 11:56 am
Sep 5, 2012
93 posts
21 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I was up anyway and close to one store so decided to go...i was 10th in line but people where coming in group with their kids and grandparents...the good thing is the employee refused to give a card to the kids "sorry 18+"
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
2298 posts
178 upvotes
I was at the Pickering location yesterday, maybe the 20th person in line or so. When the doors opened, there was nobody handing out cards but the manager was at the customer service desk telling people that they will get their card at the checkout when they go to make their purchase. People started backing at him that they don't have to buy anything and he was like "It's for the first 67 CUSTOMERS", emphasizing the word "customers". I thought the dude was going to get lynched. He tried the total bait and switch, but once he realized that the mob was not pleased he relented and started handing out cards. I don't think once person stayed there to shop. Haha!
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
12789 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
People could of bought something.. get the gift card.. then line up to return the item Winking Face . Cause more work for the manager.
Jul 7, 2004
161 posts
16 upvotes
robster77 wrote:
Jan 27th, 2019 9:17 am
I was at the Pickering location yesterday, maybe the 20th person in line or so. When the doors opened, there was nobody handing out cards but the manager was at the customer service desk telling people that they will get their card at the checkout when they go to make their purchase. People started backing at him that they don't have to buy anything and he was like "It's for the first 67 CUSTOMERS", emphasizing the word "customers". I thought the dude was going to get lynched. He tried the total bait and switch, but once he realized that the mob was not pleased he relented and started handing out cards. I don't think once person stayed there to shop. Haha!
Nobody read the fine print under the saving card on the flyer?
Saving card valid from February 2 to February 15, 2019?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6045 posts
2083 upvotes
Was at the Maple ON location this morning - due to the snow they had maybe 35-40 people in line when the doors opened.
Wife and I got one each of the two days this weekend.
Next weekend I have to figure out what to spend them on.
Sep 15, 2006
19 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
They are savings cards and not gift cards big difference. Also, they have dates for which they can only be used at and can not combined with any other promotions..
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4981 posts
702 upvotes
Toronto
Homer001 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 9:18 am
Wow some people have no shame. Family Infront of me brought everyone. Mom, dad, grandpa, grandma and 4 kids under 12. The Lowe’s lady handed the cards to the adults and the kids just stood there holding up the line with their hands outstretched waiting for a card. She reluctantly gave them cards to get the line moving. Then the whole family made a bee line out the door and saw them loop back to enter again. Luckily they ran out of cards. But wow.
This is so bad. I can only hope that their intentions were to stack all these gift cards together for one expensive purchase, otherwise why would you do such a pitiful thing for Lowes gift cards?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11334 posts
6138 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
and...............prices of all items jumped up by another $25 - $50.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Nov 30, 2013
34 posts
9 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Well around 20 people showed up right on time no line up or cold. Card can't use till February. Some people went to 2 locations. RDFs sleeped on it.
Aug 31, 2010
810 posts
154 upvotes
Victoria
Can we use multi gift cards in one transactions?
New Koodo User
Dec 23, 2007
785 posts
147 upvotes
Winnipeg
I showed up at 9am exactly and they just opened the doors. I think about 25 people standing in line. I just walked in and got one.
About 20mins later when i went through checkout they where still giving them out so i guess they still had some, (and no i didn't go get another one lol)
May 25, 2015
167 posts
133 upvotes
London, ON
qianquan wrote:
Jan 27th, 2019 12:31 pm
Can we use multi gift cards in one transactions?
Got following from boxing day thread.
Cards cannot be stacked/combined if you have multiple ones.

Terrible to those who brought their families to get free cards.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
2298 posts
178 upvotes
net_essential wrote:
Jan 27th, 2019 10:07 am
Nobody read the fine print under the saving card on the flyer?
Saving card valid from February 2 to February 15, 2019?
Has nothing to do with the fine print of the valid date. The guy was intending to only give out cards to people who actually bought something there, which isn't the normal M.O.
Jun 1, 2008
260 posts
163 upvotes
London
Does lowes typically only allow you to use 1 card per transaction? We only need one thing and lowes refused to allow my wife and I to combine our cards on the single item.