Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

BernzOmatic High-Intensity Trigger-Start Torch Kit - $70.63 after HD PM (Sous Vide addicts)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2017 8:41 am
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1810 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto

[Lowe's] BernzOmatic High-Intensity Trigger-Start Torch Kit - $70.63 after HD PM (Sous Vide addicts)

PMed w/ Home Depot
Different packaging, but exactly the same product, and lowe's has a 10% PM policy comes down to $70.63+tax
Comes w/ a TS8000 trigger and a can of MAP Pro Propane ($13-$15 typically)

Will soon pair this w/ a Searzall atachment! to complete my SOUS VIDE collection!

HD kit @ $78.48
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.bz80 ... ||11365101|

Lowe's Kit @ $104
https://www.lowes.ca/torch-kits/bernzom ... ernzomatic

upvote if like! Cheers!
9 replies
Nov 30, 2009
344 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
Is it worth the price over the more basic $30 bernzomatics?
Nov 27, 2016
505 posts
724 upvotes
m8x
I won't deal with these people, they have no clue about online retailing.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1304 posts
1523 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Zida wrote: Is it worth the price over the more basic $30 bernzomatics?
bought one last week, much higher heat output, good for brazing and loosening rusted bolts. I bought the extension and use it to burn weeds too.
Aug 9, 2010
515 posts
459 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: bought one last week, much higher heat output, good for brazing and loosening rusted bolts. I bought the extension and use it to burn weeds too.
Pretty sure MAP Pro is a c*** hair shy of being a scam.

MAPP gas was a mixture of 4 gases that was sold in a yellow bottle, much like propane (for torches) is sold in a blue bottle. In 2008 or so they stopped production and substituted with plain propylene instead. They bottled it in the same yellow bottle and called it "MAP" gas. What's funny is that propane burns at around 3450F and the MAP gas only 3600F - a measly 4% hotter - when traditional MAPP gas burned at around 5300F. That's a tremendous difference over the MAP crap they push nowadays. The best part is MAP gas is nearly double the price of propane. Makes me wonder if it's not just better to buy two propane torches and get the job done faster. ;-)

Does MAP make that big of a difference? Honestly, I haven't tried. I've used propane just fine for plumbing and removing stuck fasteners. I suppose if I really wanted more heat and had a second hand to spare I'd just use two propane torches. It's about the same price as buying MAP gas and you get nearly double the BTUs. The only problem is it's inconvenient.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1304 posts
1523 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Nemrod wrote: Pretty sure MAP Pro is a c*** hair shy of being a scam.

MAPP gas was a mixture of 4 gases that was sold in a yellow bottle, much like propane (for torches) is sold in a blue bottle. In 2008 or so they stopped production and substituted with plain propylene instead. They bottled it in the same yellow bottle and called it "MAP" gas. What's funny is that propane burns at around 3450F and the MAP gas only 3600F - a measly 4% hotter - when traditional MAPP gas burned at around 5300F. That's a tremendous difference over the MAP crap they push nowadays. The best part is MAP gas is nearly double the price of propane. Makes me wonder if it's not just better to buy two propane torches and get the job done faster. ;-)

Does MAP make that big of a difference? Honestly, I haven't tried. I've used propane just fine for plumbing and removing stuck fasteners. I suppose if I really wanted more heat and had a second hand to spare I'd just use two propane torches. It's about the same price as buying MAP gas and you get nearly double the BTUs. The only problem is it's inconvenient.
Using the MAP gas canister the volume of gas burning seems to be more compared to using propane. Temps might only be slightly better but its the volume of heat that allows for heating a larger mass which is what the flame on this t8000 was meant for. The adjustable flame feature on this compared to the t4000 is definitely worth the extra cost.
Analogy would be same voltage but its the current that kills.
Jan 26, 2014
890 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto, ON
1. Searzall sux.
2. This torch forces you to use the bottle upside down, leads to off taste.
3. Map pro gas is a scam.
4. This torch is still low in btu 's for sous vide.
5. The propane cylinders cost too much unless you refill.
6. This torch is not really cheap if you're just gonna use it for sous vide.
7. Google 500,000btu weed torch, lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3027 upvotes
Toronto
Okay, people clearly have opinions about this device. Can people recommend a torch for sous vide?
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1810 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
milhaus wrote: Okay, people clearly have opinions about this device. Can people recommend a torch for sous vide?
i got this torch for sous vide, too many website, reviews and bloggers all recommended to go w/ this TS8000 and or the similar Sansaire Searing Kit (same device w/ more accessories and cost more $$)

i may be wrong going w/ a powerful one like this, but i don't think it can go wrong.

cheers!