Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Bosch SHEM63W55N (300 Series) dishwasher $899

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2017 1:34 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
I installed this dishwasher yesterday and it's super quiet. Hopefully it's lasts a long time.
Feb 10, 2013
223 posts
53 upvotes
Brampton
Can you comment on the drying power? That's the only reason I am being a bit hesitant to buy a Bosch. Also, I checked this model out in the store and the bottom rack seemed to fall off track very often even in the short span of time i tried it in the store. Any comments on that will also be appreciated.
wheelz wrote: I installed this dishwasher yesterday and it's super quiet. Hopefully it's lasts a long time.
Feb 10, 2013
223 posts
53 upvotes
Brampton
Anyways I didn't want to miss the boat so I went to Home Depot and ordered today :) Delivery this Wednesday as they had 1 in stock. Thanks a lot.

I didn't opt for the extended warranty as you can add that in later as well. So will see how the Dishwasher performs and will decide accordingly - at-least that's the plan.
Feb 23, 2008
886 posts
87 upvotes
Cold. I bought the 800+ series for $1000 price range about 2 years ago This should be in the $500-600 range discounted to be considered a real deal
Jul 30, 2011
626 posts
915 upvotes
Durham region
Paid something similar for bosche dishwasher 7 years ago. The door platic just cell apart this year. Costs $100+ for the plastic part to replace it. Support is not standing behind the product. Don't buy this guys... my parents Hotpoint dishwasher is still chugging for 14 years!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
bolmsted wrote: Cold. I bought the 800+ series for $1000 price range about 2 years ago This should be in the $500-600 range discounted to be considered a real deal
I doubt this model ever goes down to that price. $899 or $850 is still less than $1000. Not a super hot deal, but warm I'd say.
Aug 14, 2016
79 posts
71 upvotes
If you had success with Home Depot, would you be able to please post a receipt? Will try it at HD today.

Also, has anybody bought an extended warranty, and how much was it?

Thanks!
Aug 22, 2006
323 posts
66 upvotes
milanshergill wrote: Can you comment on the drying power? That's the only reason I am being a bit hesitant to buy a Bosch. Also, I checked this model out in the store and the bottom rack seemed to fall off track very often even in the short span of time i tried it in the store. Any comments on that will also be appreciated.
Bottom rack is very free moving, but its not really a design flaw, it'll never really get stuck on the bottom rails, and things can go in and out and you can access the bottom filter easier. Just don't yank it out that quickly.

Bosch is a euro dishwasher, which means it'll use less water and energy but will take longer to complete a load. As well, it uses condensation to dry the dishes, so you gotta prop open the door after a cycle, since it won't dry as well as an American unit. Plastic will almost always be wet after the cycle, but I've tried not to put them in anymore, as they get discolored relatively easily. Everything else comes out spotless.

This is from the 800 unit, but I assume its similar for the others.
Aug 14, 2016
79 posts
71 upvotes
HD wouldn't price match TA at $949, but agreed to price match Canadian Appliance Source at 964.84-10%= 868.356 + $189 Extended Warranty + Free Delivery (due to Extended warranty). Thanks Op! Right in time for Christmas.
Mar 19, 2012
30 posts
1 upvote
EAST YORK
wheelz wrote: I installed this dishwasher yesterday and it's super quiet. Hopefully it's lasts a long time.
Was it difficult to install? Does this dishwasher come with a cable and a hose. I read that some not and you need to purchase them separately.
Apr 2, 2015
496 posts
745 upvotes
Siberia
Mikoonline wrote: Was it difficult to install? Does this dishwasher come with a cable and a hose. I read that some not and you need to purchase them separately.
From what ive seen most bosch come with a drain hose only, no hot water hose, 90' fitting, power cord, or strain relief.

Power cord can get expensive for a oem 14awg, at a friends we just bought an appliance extension cord $14 for a 14awg, and cut/ stripped the end to fit.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
Mikoonline wrote: Was it difficult to install? Does this dishwasher come with a cable and a hose. I read that some not and you need to purchase them separately.
It comes with drain hose and power cable with a junction box.

You need to buy a loomex connector:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.38-i ... 08974.html

It's easy to install in my opinion, but that depends on how handy you are.
Aug 14, 2016
79 posts
71 upvotes
wheelz wrote: It comes with drain hose and power cable with a junction box.

You need to buy a loomex connector:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.38-i ... 08974.html

It's easy to install in my opinion, but that depends on how handy you are.
Noobs question. Would I need to secure the Dishwasher to cabinetry, or is it fine just standing there in the slot? Doesn't tilt forward? Tks
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
Nomad753 wrote: Noobs question. Would I need to secure the Dishwasher to cabinetry, or is it fine just standing there in the slot? Doesn't tilt forward? Tks
It comes with brackets which you can screw into the counter-top. I would recommend using them, or else it will move over time.
Aug 14, 2016
79 posts
71 upvotes
wheelz wrote: It comes with brackets which you can screw into the counter-top. I would recommend using them, or else it will move over time.
Thanks. Um... My countertop is quartz. Might be tricky.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
Nomad753 wrote: Thanks. Um... My countertop is quartz. Might be tricky.
I have quartz too. There is wood underneath you can drill into.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
milanshergill wrote: Can you comment on the drying power? That's the only reason I am being a bit hesitant to buy a Bosch. Also, I checked this model out in the store and the bottom rack seemed to fall off track very often even in the short span of time i tried it in the store. Any comments on that will also be appreciated.
Just ran my first 60 minute wash and everything is clean and looks dry to me. Not sure why people complain about that.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2002
2080 posts
433 upvotes
Montreal
I wash about 15 seconds from finalizing my purchase when the guy from home depot mentioned that I should look into the Kitchenaid KDTE234GPS .... obviously without running a wash, everything on the Kitchenaid seems to be better quality... the racks are much sturdier, the buttons are covered to prevent condensation getting in etc...

I found the racks REALLY flimsy on the Bosch one... I ended up walking out without buying one...
Sep 2, 2005
910 posts
634 upvotes
Toronto
Nomad753 wrote: Thanks. Um... My countertop is quartz. Might be tricky.
worst case PL400 some plywood to the underside of your countertop and screw in.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)