Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Briggs & Stratton 3-Gallon 100-PSI Pancake Portable Electric Air Compressor - $54.50 (50% off)

Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
2928 posts
486 upvotes
Been reading up on these compressors do this one come with a moisture trap or that needs to be added separately?

Dunno if i even need it but curious
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11247 posts
2662 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP.

Grabbed one of these for $50 taxes in. My little ten year old tire inflator bust a few weeks ago and this will be perfect.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 13, 2006
359 posts
110 upvotes
JonSnow wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 5:57 pm
Been reading up on these compressors do this one come with a moisture trap or that needs to be added separately?

I don't think it's required. This is not a commercial grade compressor. There is a valve at the bottom of the tank that you can use to drain it from time to time. I just drained my old 2 gallon Mastercraft unit that I've been using for about 10 years and not a drop of water came out.
Jul 19, 2012
31 posts
41 upvotes
Victoria
Bawler wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 3:50 pm
*sigh* mine was sent by UPS.

Just sent this in to UPS customer support:

So I've stayed home all day waiting for my package. Even was sitting out on my porch. Your UPS driver just drove past at well over the speed limit. 1 minute later my tracking code has switched to "Delivery Attempted".

This is not the first time this has happened which is why I was waiting out on the front porch.

I needed this today.

Had all my trim pieces nice and cut just waiting for the compressor to show up lol.
Canada Post used to do this to me in North Vancouver for business deliveries during normal working hours. Service improved after I raised a fuss with the local manager.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
5930 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
Mine was delivered this afternoon no knock on the door, package was just left on the front door. Didn't know until I had to leave the house.
Nov 28, 2011
287 posts
325 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
JonSnow wrote:
Those that bought one could chime in but I'd say most probably not.
...neither did my 20gal Campbell Hausfeld nor my 6 Gal PorterCable.
The bottom of the tank has a drain bolt which should be opened to drain out the water--condensed water.
If you haven't done it in a while then don't be surprised if it blasts out rusty, gummy sludge.
Apr 30, 2009
417 posts
199 upvotes
GTA
I have a similar sized trim compressor, a Dewalt D55140. Paid a lot more many years ago.
They’re light, reasonably quiet and great for small jobs like small nailers and staplers, inflating tires. It will power a framing nailer, but you won’t like waiting as it keeps refilling the tank to full pressure.
Like most oilless compressors, it has a limited life. Eventually the teflon ring on the piston wears and it won’t pump as well, taking longer. These parts are often not available on small cheap compressors.
Don’t use it for jobs where it cannot produce the volume of air (cfm) you need. You’ll be frustrated and it will wear out faster by running continuously.
But for $55, this is a great deal for those basic tasks.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1245 posts
328 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone that bought, how loud is it? My CH is mind numbingly loud

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Apr 30, 2009
417 posts
199 upvotes
GTA
freewheelin76 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 11:54 am
Spec sheet says 70-72 dB, so much quieter than most. Not silent though, none are.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2238 posts
774 upvotes
London
freewheelin76 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 11:54 am
I picked up last night and used a bit today.

It's nosier than I thought but not obnoxious. Certainly it's not silent but on a job site it fits in I guess.

I was kind of surprised how long it took to fill the tank. I also have the slightly bigger b&s hot dog style one (6 gal I think) and I almost feel it fills quicker.
Jun 18, 2008
545 posts
156 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks OP, I bought one for 50 bucks after tax with coupon. For anyone that wants to know, I dont have an outlet outside of my place so i filled up the compressor indoor, unplugged it and went outside to top off both tires on my motorcycle for about 10-15 psi each according to my dial tire gauge. I still had 40psi left in my compressor. Glad i made this purchase as using those portable tire inflator would mean i have to stand outside in the cold for about 10 minutes.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
2928 posts
486 upvotes
I got mine today, took me longer than i wanted to hook up the hose, there are basically no instructions.

Anyways are you supposed to use tape on the trigger part that screws into the hose?

I don't need to use it just yet but wanted to test it, while filling the trigger was leaking. I just screwed it in by hand and used no tape.
Sep 5, 2018
37 posts
47 upvotes
JonSnow wrote:

I think as others have said you don't really need this. I think moisture is a concern on bigger compressors when you are using something like a paint sprayer (don't want condensation mixing into your oil based paint for example).

It's a good idea to open it up when you aren't using it to let it air out. This will help avoid rust issues over the long term, but even some rust is unlikely to cause failure.
Last edited by donair416 on Jan 8th, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 5, 2018
37 posts
47 upvotes
JonSnow wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 11:53 pm
I got mine today, took me longer than i wanted to hook up the hose, there are basically no instructions.

Anyways are you supposed to use tape on the trigger part that screws into the hose?

I don't need to use it just yet but wanted to test it, while filling the trigger was leaking. I just screwed it in by hand and used no tape.
Yes, that teflon tape is meant to be wrapped around the threads to seal it tight when you screw it in.
Dec 29, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
Tried to pump up the truck tire and really struggled at building pressure after 60psi. Did multiple attempts. Checked drain value was tight and have Teflon tape on connectors.

What's the max real world PSI people are getting?