• Apr 15th, 2016 2:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3907 posts
1019 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder how this will affect Noble Trade.

Good riddance to Rona, it was always the last option for me.
Sep 5, 2005
695 posts
481 upvotes
Our local Target space (Québec) is still empty but 2 week ago Rona annonced they could open up a Réno-Depot there.
But with the recent buy by Lowes, i'm wondering if they will open a Lowes instead. There is no lowes in quebec.
Nov 21, 2010
515 posts
107 upvotes
Ontario
I hope they don't mess with the cutting center at the Kitchener Rona. I've always had good success there.
Mar 14, 2011
85 posts
31 upvotes
Montreal
Pete_Coach wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2016 9:05 am
Lowes buy Rona
In my area the Rona store was dying because service was bad and the products it carried were not varied enough. I rarely went there any ore so I am not surprised.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/lowe-s- ... -1.3431463
THIS

Rona is terrible. Maybe Lowes will finally be here in Quebec and offer a much wider range of products. Tehre is still competition with Home Depot, Reno Depot at least.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4330 posts
1790 upvotes
Mississauga
jl001 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2016 9:58 am
I wonder what's going to happen in Erin Mills Rona store, as a Chinese supermarket seems to be in the process of converting big chunk of this Rona store.
Chinese supermarket what?

I know they tore out the garden centre and cleared out a bunch of floor space.

I first went to that location in 2000 when it was a Revy.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4253 posts
1314 upvotes
I actually like Lowes overall so I'm reasonably pleased about this. I expected Rona to go the way of the dodo regardless so if anything I actually feel like this might save some jobs in Canada.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7621 posts
1391 upvotes
Damm it, I was thinking about buying Rona stock last week.....
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1384 posts
358 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Beachdown wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2016 6:55 am
Good. I've always disliked Rona, rarely shopped there when it was directly across the street. And when Rona bought out the local home hardware, stopped going there too.
To be clear, companies don't get "bought out" - they're sold. The owner agreed to sell their business for money. They don't have to do that, you know.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2835 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
So will all RONA stores get converted to Lowes?
that would be awesome.

I am surprised though becauaes I have seen many Rona in US. or have I? so used to think rona is a us company.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16515 posts
2194 upvotes
bsobaid wrote:
Feb 4th, 2016 3:32 pm
I am surprised though becauaes I have seen many Rona in US. or have I? so used to think rona is a us company.
Rona is a Quebec company, I don't think they have any US stores.
Feb 24, 2009
107 posts
21 upvotes
We have started to build our house some months ago in Quebec and was looking for Bluwood, that is only sold by Lowes. It was very complicated to get it here with a private delivery company. I only hope it will be easier for us in Quebec to get some products that Lowes was selling in Ontario and not currently availaible here.
Jan 4, 2008
773 posts
185 upvotes
Gatineau
Pete_Coach wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2016 9:05 am
Lowes buy Rona
In my area the Rona store was dying because service was bad and the products it carried were not varied enough. I rarely went there any ore so I am not surprised.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/lowe-s- ... -1.3431463
Lowe's has agreed its Canadian headquarters will be in Boucherville, and said it will maintain Rona's multiple retail store banners

Not RIP
Jan 4, 2008
773 posts
185 upvotes
Gatineau
bsobaid wrote:
Feb 4th, 2016 3:32 pm
So will all RONA stores get converted to Lowes?
that would be awesome.

No, most likely the ones outside of Quebec. Quebec will remain RONA
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1533 posts
399 upvotes
St. Catharines, ON
With all this talk about Rona, I decided to go there last night. I found a product I was looking for, and the price was right, so I bought it. I could not help but notice though, that there was a little dust on it, suggesting it had been hanging there for quite some time.