Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Chamberlain 3/4 Belt Drive Wifi

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2017 7:16 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Spudly204 wrote: Does anyone know what the measurements of the distance between the 2 rails on the unit that attaches to the support brackets for hanging? I have an existing chain-drive unit that I want to replace with this one but the hanging brackets are built into the finished ceiling in the garage. I'm hoping I can swap the units out which needing to adjust the brackets? Are the spacing on the rails standard across the different models? I checked the manual but it didn't specify the spacing. Thanks.
It comes with brackets/hangers.
Just attached those to the unit and adjust the angle to fit your existing brackets.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone wanna split one with me so we can get 15% off? I’m located in either Toronto or Ottawa.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
redevil69 wrote: My garage door opener just crapped out today. Went and picked up the Chamberlain 1 1/4 hp belt drive model with the battery backup at Lowes and got them to price match Rona's at $319 less an additional 10%.

https://www.rona.ca/en/whisper-drive-ga ... p-07645019
Do you know if you can mix a wifi and battery model if you have 2 garage doors?
Feb 15, 2008
587 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
For those with garage door higher than 7ft, you might need to buy the ripoff Chamberlain belt drive extension. This garage opener supported up to 7ft height garage door.

8ft belt drive extension kit
Lowe's: $87.99 (use SAVE10 for 10% off or SAVE15 for 15% off, by it with garage opener if you need it)
https://www.lowes.ca/garage-door-opener ... -extension

Walmart.ca: $78.56
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Chamberlai ... R5GQ0Z9ARO

Costco.ca: $64.99 (Take $25 off with Masterpass if order over $100, try to see if you need to buy some other stuff from Costco.ca to take advantage of MasterPass $25 off)
https://www.costco.ca/Chamberlain%C2%AE ... 58729.html
Nov 12, 2016
420 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
You guys think these will go down in price on boxing day or black friday ? I need two so can get 15% off on two
Apr 24, 2012
297 posts
273 upvotes
Markham, ON
SumeetJ918740 wrote: You guys think these will go down in price on boxing day or black friday ? I need two so can get 15% off on two
Buy now and hold on to it. Lowes has a 90 day return policy which means you have until around Jan 22 to decide. You get to see on Black Friday AND Boxing Day.
Sep 29, 2012
222 posts
57 upvotes
Calgary
Variability wrote: Do you know if you can mix a wifi and battery model if you have 2 garage doors?
Not sure what you mean by this.
May 18, 2010
504 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
Can someone confirm if what I'm understanding about connecting these to a smart home is correct:
1.) Out of the box, a wifi unit can be controlled by a smartphone through wifi to open and close.
2.) In order for it to be connected to a smart home system (ie Apple Homekit) a bridge needs to be connected.

Correct? Info isn't clear anywhere.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Chancy21 wrote: Can someone confirm if what I'm understanding about connecting these to a smart home is correct:
1.) Out of the box, a wifi unit can be controlled by a smartphone through wifi to open and close.
2.) In order for it to be connected to a smart home system (ie Apple Homekit) a bridge needs to be connected.

Correct? Info isn't clear anywhere.
1. Yes, Chamerlain has their own app.
2. Yes, you need a hub such as Samsung Smartthings or Wink.
Mar 6, 2005
638 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Do your research if you are planning to integrate your opener with Apple Homekit (Siri support). My understanding is that even though your opener is MyQ capable... that does not mean it will work with Apple HomeKit. Chamberlain just released a Home Bridge which will "bridge" between MyQ and Apple Homekit. Problem is ... it will cost you >$150 ordering in Canada (and it will ship from US) ... while people in US is enjoying an introductory offering of $30 USD via the Chamberlain Community Forum.
May 18, 2010
504 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
slgta wrote: Do your research if you are planning to integrate your opener with Apple Homekit (Siri support). My understanding is that even though your opener is MyQ capable... that does not mean it will work with Apple HomeKit. Chamberlain just released a Home Bridge which will "bridge" between MyQ and Apple Homekit. Problem is ... it will cost you >$150 ordering in Canada (and it will ship from US) ... while people in US is enjoying an introductory offering of $30 USD via the Chamberlain Community Forum.
Good to know. Moving in December, and going to the states for black Friday so hopefully I can find it there closer to $50 or so. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1912 posts
1314 upvotes
Mississauga
Is anyone installing themselves or hiring someone to install? Any recommendations?
Nov 17, 2014
23 posts
7 upvotes
jdu0ng wrote: Is anyone installing themselves or hiring someone to install? Any recommendations?
All depends how handy you are. Took me a good 4 hours from beginning to end (I took my time). I've installed 5 other garage openers prior to this, so take it for what it's worth.
Feb 15, 2008
587 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
Those with this Chamberlain Garage Door Opener wants to integrated with SmartThings.

Discontinuation of MyQ Connect community SmartAPP.
https://community.smartthings.com/t/dis ... tapp/47183

Current work around that make this Chamberlain GDO (Garage Door Opener) work with SmartThings. A tilt/contact sensor is needed to show the open/close status if your garage door.
https://community.smartthings.com/t/rel ... c_id=90512

Cars older than 2012 with HomeLink might not work with this GDO.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd ... 2-0-a.html

Spent a few hours tried to connect Homelink with Chamberlain GDO on my 2008 and 2012 Toyota, no luck. Will try to call Homelink customer service tomorrow, might end up need a Homelink bridge.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
jdu0ng wrote: Is anyone installing themselves or hiring someone to install? Any recommendations?
I've installed 3 now and find it fairly easy.
Helps to have an extra hand to hold the unit up, but it could be done alone.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1912 posts
1314 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks! Ordered one

Your Total:
$249.00
$24.90
$224.10
Included
$29.13

$253.23
Nov 25, 2010
24 posts
12 upvotes
GVR
percy wrote: Does anyone know how loud this is? Our master bedroom is directly above garage. Every morning when I open it to leave for work at 7AM, our current old opener makes so much noise and actually sends vibrations up to the bedroom and wakes up my wife. Also, when the cold weather comes around these parts, the opener struggles and usually can't lift the door without some human assistance.
We installed the other version of this three months ago that has battery backup and no wifi, but I imagine the sound will be the same. There was a chain drive opener in the house when we moved in, but with the children's bedrooms right above we wanted it to be quieter. This new one cannot be heard over the sound of the door going up. It's very quiet - it's just a quiet high pitched whirring noise that doesn't travel far.

It even slows down when approaching the top and bottom so that it doesn't bump against the floor. We have ours on a double garage door.

If your existing opener is struggling with your door, it's probably worth getting it adjusted. If the spring is adjusted correctly you should be able to open your garage door with one hand and hold it open with a finger. If you can't do this then you are putting a lot of extra strain on your garage door opener.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1576 posts
697 upvotes
I'm planning on replacing a 4yr old chamberlain chain drive opener with the one in the OP - existing unit runs just fine but there is just too much vibration in the room above the garage. I would think that I can just re-use the existing mounting hardware and sensors... just swap out the motor and rail? Can anyone confirm?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)